This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Recommendations, For Hydraulic Flow Meter

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Recommendations, For Hydraulic Flow Meter

Postby Eugene » Fri May 29, 2020 11:14 am

Need recommendations for a flowmeter to check hydraulic oil pressure and gallons per minute.

Primary use will be to determine the source(s) of a power loss to a hydraulic motor that powers the left side drive of an 1816 Case skid steer. Can or could use the flowmeter on my other skid steer and the tractors.

Left and right side of the skid steer has separate, identical, hydraulic systems. The parts to the hydraulic systems are a real POA to access.

The left side sort of works, just not any where near the right sides ability. The problem is somewhere other than the hydraulic motor. Could be the pump, but I don't think so. The control system, for one side of the skid steer, contains a total of 7 different relief or check valves.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Re: Recommendations, For Hydraulic Flow Meter

Postby Rick Prentice » Sat May 30, 2020 8:14 am

From the dyno,not sure if you can enlarge this to get the name brand, but it was an excellent quality and I assume it's still working today. I think you'll have to add a pressure gauge separate: Image

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Sat May 30, 2020 8:18 am

After a little searching online, the brand was Hedland. Make sure you do your homework, they have them in different sizes and different liquids.
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sat May 30, 2020 9:30 am

Thanks Rick. Thought that several folks on this site had one or experience with one.

The service manual for the skid steer lists 3 different flow meters for Case equipment, by Case part number, with maximum PSI per part number.

Have been researching the flow meters currently on line. Several seem suitable with the necessary fittings. Haven't found any information on the ones listed in the service manual.

Just had a thought. There is a New Holland/Case IH dealership in town. Stop in and ask what they use or recommend. Second thought, ask what they charge for a flow meter test(s).

Again thanks, Rick
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”