This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

trailer tongue jack

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

trailer tongue jack

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:27 pm

I have a trailer jack that has a groove in the extension, that is supposed to be held by a depression in the outer shell to prevent the jack extension from rotating when it is cranked up or down. Unfortunately the extension rotates when it is lifting the tongue weight. I am trying to find a way to stop it rather than just replacing the jack, since it is welded in place, all the way along all 3 sides. Does anyone have any suggestions?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: trailer tongue jack

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:17 pm

Could you drill and tap a hole over the groove and screw in a short bolt? Or weld a nut on the outside over the groove for the bolt?
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby ricky racer » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:41 am

Can you make the depression deeper to better engage the groove by using a chisel or punch and beating on it?
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:42 am

Bob McCarty wrote:Could you drill and tap a hole over the groove and screw in a short bolt? Or weld a nut on the outside over the groove for the bolt?
I had been trying to come up with something on that order, but had not thought og welding a nut to the outside. A hole drilled, and a nut welded over it, followed by a set screw plus a jam nut so I can control the depth should do the trick.

ricky racer wrote:Can you make the depression deeper to better engage the groove by using a chisel or punch and beating on it?
I had been thinking about that, but considering how thick the metal is plus it is about 12 inches below the mounting plate it will require someone with a sledge to back it up. In addition, with my arthritis I do not think I can swing a hammer hard enough to do it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!