This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Auction results.

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Auction results.

Postby Eugene » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:57 pm

Valve grinding machine, Sioux, mdl. 622N, on stand, with valve seat grinding tool and stones sold for $35.00 at auction this afternoon.

The valve stem chuck was frozen. Axis screws moved. Motor unknown, No hose for coolant, coolant pump unknown. Condition of the stones unknown. Over all appearance was that the machine had been unused for quite a few years.

Auctioneer cried and cried, couldn't get a bid. I finally bid $25-, then I assume what was a bidding shill immediately jumped in with a $35- bid. I quit bidding. The winning bidder had a very shocked look on his face. I'm not bidding against the auction company when no one else wanted the machine.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .

Re: Auction results.

Postby coppersmythe » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:05 am

Eugene wrote:Valve grinding machine, Sioux, mdl. 622N, on stand, with valve seat grinding tool and stones sold for $35.00 at auction this afternoon.

The valve stem chuck was frozen. Axis screws moved. Motor unknown, No hose for coolant, coolant pump unknown. Condition of the stones unknown. Over all appearance was that the machine had been unused for quite a few years.

Auctioneer cried and cried, couldn't get a bid. I finally bid $25-, then I assume what was a bidding shill immediately jumped in with a $35- bid. I quit bidding. The winning bidder had a very shocked look on his face. I'm not bidding against the auction company when no one else wanted the machine.
I just could not agree with you more . That (shill) is the main reason I dont like auctions . We had an auction house just down the street I would walk to every Saturday . I started to recognize 2 guys that bid a lot ( took turns), but rarely "won" anything . One day they both showed up late , I got a sweet deal a big box of old school craftsman socket sets . $20 !! Those guys where good . Saw a beat up box fan (new $20 ) go for $28 :shock: :shock:the last time I went , i saw the two guys get out of the same truck and head inside .

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Re: Auction results.

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:31 am

I once went to an auction.....haven't been to another since :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”