This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

O/A Cutting Torch and Regulator Values

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

O/A Cutting Torch and Regulator Values

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:52 pm

My next door neighbor's husband recently passed away unexpectedly at the age of 75. He was a retired machinist by trade and did a lot of welding in his retirement. She is beginning to liquidate some of his things and asked me about the value of his torches and gauges. He has two sets of Airco cutting torches and accompanying regulators and hoses. He has two tanks, but they are well out of inspection for pressure testing. All of the stuff is probably at least 40 years old and the hoses have seen better days. Can anyone give me an honest estimate range for the value of what I described, so that she has something to evaluate offers against. Thanks.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

CharlieK
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40165

Re: O/A Cutting Torch and Regulator Values

Postby CharlieK » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:06 pm

no less than $425 ---JMMHO---A TORCH WOULD COST THAT!!!!!!!

HE'S probably already sold his welder--tell her just don't give it away

maybe a relative would want it---I know what that stuff costs
get er done; life is good

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: O/A Cutting Torch and Regulator Values

Postby tst » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:11 pm

here in NY the tanks you would have to pay to have them recertified at $60 each, then we have a "owners" charge if you do rent them so that is $50, then the cost to refill, old hoses are risky, toss them, seen many leak and burn, those are probably good regulators made by a major company for airco but if they get old they to go bad but can be rebuilt, two stage regs are much better than single stage so need to be careful about spending to much for that type of old tool as you might have to put a bunch back in them

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”