This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Don't ignore minor health issues

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
tinnerjohn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44491
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub, 42 Farmall H 49 Ford 8N (FIL's tractor) and a yard full of implements for them 51 Chevy 3100 PU
Circle of Safety: Y

Don't ignore minor health issues

Postby tinnerjohn » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:53 pm

Back in 2018 the Dr. found a heart murmur which turned out to be a leaking heart valve. I had gone because I had a rash but he insisted I have an ultrasound, which showed the bad valve. The cardiologist suggested a follow up with a surgeon, but it didn't bother me so I pretty much forgot it.
Sunday morning I woke up with a very sore chest about 3 in the morning, thought I either had been sleeping wrong or something, but by 8 or so it wasn't any better and I was having trouble breathing. Finally I asked Debbie to take me to the ER about 9. She wanted to call the squad but, as she told them at the ER, " he didn't want to bother them, they are all his friends!"

Turned out I was in A Fib, they threw the medicine cabinet at me and went through my right arm with a camera, then shocked me back into rythem. I'm home now, have a pile of pills and Drs. appointments. If I had just bit the bullet 4 years ago I might have saved her a lot of anguish that she really didn't deserve.

I've never smoked, drank a lot, only a few pounds overweight and eat fairly healthy, so I always figured my heart was the least of my worries, but 3 days in the CCU changed my mind.

John

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Re: Don't ignore minor health issues

Postby Barnyard » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:01 pm

John, I hope everything works out for you. We all hope to see you posting here for a long time to come.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:20 pm

Take care and follow your Dr’s. orders.
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

tinnerjohn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44491
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub, 42 Farmall H 49 Ford 8N (FIL's tractor) and a yard full of implements for them 51 Chevy 3100 PU

Postby tinnerjohn » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:16 pm

T hanks fella's. I mainly hope to encourage others to do the same and not follow the " I feel OK" policy I have. While it was not life-threatening yet , if I had listened to my wife (don't tell her) I would have been ahead if the game. The good part is I had a great team of Drs. and nurses at UH Geauga who almost make a guy want to go to the hospital! But it sure was nice to come home this afternoon!

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”