This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tired of

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
john2189
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44657
Circle of Safety: Y

Tired of

Postby john2189 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:40 pm

All these passcodes,passwords, usernames.
I started my computer that I don’t use very much because of the phone. Anyway all I wanted to do was print out a rebate form for manards. Well of coarse it had updates to which took almost 20 minutes. Then it wanted my microsoft password which I didn’t think I had an account could not remember password. I finally gave up
'49 Cub (Vince)
'41 allis B with Woods L59 mower
656 Wheel Horse with 42” sickle mower
C-165 Wheel Horse
Simplicity 20 HP Sunstar
Honda 48” walk behind mower

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Re: Tired of

Postby Eugene » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:09 pm

https://www.menards.com/main/rebate-form.html

Use the Menards rebate forms all the time. Not a problem. First form I had to typed in my information. Remainder of the forms I just clicked on my first name and the form is filled in.

Edit. I have found receipts with the rebate forms attached in Menards parking lot. Picked them up and mail in along with my purchase receipt.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:20 am

I just pick up a form at the store and stick on return address labels. The labels are sent to me from various sources: American Legion, Wounded Warriors, college alumni group, etc.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

john2189
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44657

Postby john2189 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:44 pm

Denny Clayton wrote:I just pick up a form at the store and stick on return address labels. The labels are sent to me from various sources: American Legion, Wounded Warriors, college alumni group, etc.

Thanks, it’s not about the forms, it about all the passcodes,passwords,usernames that you have to remember. Seems like everything you do needs a password. Ok
'49 Cub (Vince)
'41 allis B with Woods L59 mower
656 Wheel Horse with 42” sickle mower
C-165 Wheel Horse
Simplicity 20 HP Sunstar
Honda 48” walk behind mower

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:25 am

Keep a cheat sheet - but don't name it anything obvious. passwords.xls is not a good idea.
There are a lot of software options to securely store your passwords. Password Safe is a pretty good one, but not very phone friendly.

I also have started using patterns for passwords. This helps keep the passwords complex, but fairly standardized. Most password requirements include a minimum of 8 characters, CAPITAL & lower case letters, numbers, and some kind of symbol. The first part relates to the site being accessed and the last half is quite canned but guarantees it fits the requirements. I use the year to remind me to update my passwords annually. Here's an example:
Farmallcub.2022#PWD (no, I don't use this password)
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:38 am

john2189 wrote:Thanks, it’s not about the forms, it about all the passcodes,passwords,usernames that you have to remember. Seems like everything you do needs a password.
I gave up using web site business that require pass words. If the business' computer can recognize my ISP address, then why do I need to sign in with a password, which is required to be frequently changed.

Frustrating. Frequent changes to an internet site. Not improving. Reminds me of a US Army Captain. Unit commander would leave for several days. Captain would watch out the window on day Commander was scheduled to return. Then he and I would move the paper shredder to a new location. Captain and I would greet the Commander at the door. Captain would tell the Commander that he moved the paper shredder.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Off Topic”