This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tire Repair

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Tire Repair

Postby Eugene » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:45 pm

Price of a tire repair was 33 1/3% higher than my last tubless flat. This time is was a bead leak on a John Deere Gator tire that is only inflated to 7 psi. I knew what the problem was and was expecting a $15- bill for a very simple service. A can of tire/rim sealant is about $16-.

Next time I buy the can of sealant.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mht
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27606
Tractors Owned: 1949 farmall cub(building from parts) 1950 farmall cub
1971 David Brown 880 selectamatic

Re: Tire Repair

Postby Mht » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:38 am

Had a car tire patched two weeks ago. Broke it off the rim, patched on inside, remounted, and balanced. 32 dollars.if I had realized it was going to cost that much I might have just plugged it myself

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:45 am

I take my vehicle tires to the shop for repair. They will balance the tire after the repair, which I can't do. The ag tires I usually do my self. I have patches and sealant. Only costs a couple of dollars in supplies to patch a tube.

I was expecting a price increase because everything else has gone up. Just wasn't expecting a $5- increase.

My dental bill for an upper partial was twice what I expected. Asked the dentist, she said that her costs have gone up dramatically. The price for rubber gloves have gone up 600%. The dentist, she has 4 or 5 employees most times in the office. Her labor cost and other office expenses are probably hard to imagine.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:18 pm

I think a repair at our shop is now $20 for a car or pick up size tire. That's patched on the inside, rim cleaned with a new valve and re balanced back on the car with the lug nuts torqued. I remember it being $3 when I started just over 40 years ago. Prices on everything has sky rocketed. My ammo reloading supplies have over doubled. I'm buying hoards of it, soon ammo will be the new currency.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:38 pm

Yogie wrote:Prices on everything has sky rocketed. My ammo reloading supplies have over doubled. I'm buying hoards of it, soon ammo will be the new currency.
I'm buying contractor packs of needed items for the fixer-upper house. I can purchase the contractor package of 10 items for about the same price as 2 or 3 individual items. I may only need several items but there is always the next project.

Today I received an e-mail purchase of 25 Delta faucet seats and springs. The cost was about the same price as 2 packages, 4 seats and springs, from the hardware store. I need 8 for the fixer-upper house. Counted 10 seats and springs in our current home. Should have enough for quite a while.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Off Topic”