This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I save Junk

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

I save Junk

Postby Eugene » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:53 pm

I save junk. Actually, the scrap metal price is low and haven't taken a ton or two to the scrap yard. I need the center wire from a throttle cable for a lawn mower.

I only need 6 or 8 inches of spring type wire for the governor to carburator linkage on a Tecumpseh engine on an almost scrap lawn mower for the acreage. Engine runs, starts fine. To cheap to purchase the wire when I should be able to find something suitable from on hand junk.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Re: I save Junk

Postby outdoors4evr » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:49 am

I have a spool of hardened spring wire (aka piano wire) that I bought to replace the throttle cable on the 184. I finished the replacement and have 40 feet leftover. PM me your address and I'll get a foot into the mail.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: I save Junk

Postby Eugene » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:42 am

outdoors4evr wrote:I have a spool of hardened spring wire (aka piano wire) that I bought to replace the throttle cable on the 184. I finished the replacement and have 40 feet leftover. PM me your address and I'll get a foot into the mail.
Will get back to you.

Headed to the acreage this morning. Checking the electric fence and weeds/grass. Only mowed once this summer. Extremely dry/moderate drought.

I have a scrapped Cub Cadet frame and a couple of junked small engines in the pile for the scrap yard. I should have several salvaged throttles in my parts stash.

Edit: Found several throttle wires. All to large. I'll pick up some 16 gauge steel wire at one of the big box stores. Some advertise 10 feet for under $4-.

Outdoors4ever. Thanks for the offer.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Off Topic”