This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Is every man now a gentleman?

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Is every man now a gentleman?

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:21 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:NO, most definitely, not all men are gentlemen. Some are the north end of a south bound horse.

And, they might have what comes out of the North bound end of a South bound horse for brains :lol: :!:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘41 Ford 9N with a ‘49 8N Engine
1 - ‘48 (5641) Allis Chalmers G

Postby Lt.Mike » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:29 am

Seen a lot 20, 30, etc...somethings that weren’t men yet much less gentlemen.
There’s lots of reasoning that being a man automatically comes with age, I’ve seen 30 year old children.
It doesn’t come with education or wealth with possessions or even making a baby doesn’t make you man either.
It’s a switch that has to be flipped in your head.
Putting others before yourself. Standing up for what’s right even if it’s against popular opinion.
Shouldering responsibility and giving what you do 110% even when no one seems to notice and never quitting.
Being a father and setting a quiet example others would follow. All that doesn’t happen overnight but that mindset can happen in an instant when you get it. At that moment though when it does,for you, your a man.
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:47 pm

From what I have seen most of the "true gentlemen" I have known are farm boys, that while they may not live on a farm were raised on one or in the area of a lot of small farmers. They are the ones that help a neighbor without being asked, or practically anyone they know for that much. They open and hold a door for a lady (generic term), or for a senior citizen or a disabled person. Unfortunately I fit into the last two classifications.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Off Topic”