This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Staying Home

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Staying Home

Postby Barnyard » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:30 am

Ever since this stay at home policy started I have veered from my normal routine and started to skip every other shower. My only problem is, sometimes I forget what Saturday it is. It's okay though. Most of the time Rosanne will remind me.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Donegal Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Staying Home

Postby Donegal Cub » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:50 am

Barnyard wrote:Ever since this stay at home policy started I have veered from my normal routine and started to skip every other shower. My only problem is, sometimes I forget what Saturday it is. It's okay though. Most of the time Rosanne will remind me.

Goodness me she will probably have use the power washer when this is all over, and I will probably be thrown into the sheep dipping pen to be cleansed :x :wink:

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:15 am

:bellylaugh: :bellylaugh: :bellylaugh:
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:24 am

Okay, I went back to this thread to read the responses and at the top of the page is this Google ad. Are they trying to tell me something?

bath.JPG
Google knows everything about us!
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:10 am

Bill, the main thing is that you wash your hands!

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘41 Ford 9N with a ‘49 8N Engine
1 - ‘48 (5641) Allis Chalmers G

Postby Lt.Mike » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:27 am

Barnyard wrote:Ever since this stay at home policy started I have veered from my normal routine and started to skip every other shower. My only problem is, sometimes I forget what Saturday it is. It's okay though. Most of the time Rosanne will remind me.

Don’t feel bad Bill, I’m there, have lost my razor and sometimes find my comb.
Most of the time I find myself in my “working around the shop” overalls which are somewhat ragged.
We’ve had that order for about 6 weeks now and I’ve noticed, more importantly that Paula has noticed that I’m gaining weight. No good so we’ve started walking each day. Only a couple miles while staying apart from anyone else which isn’t hard because we have a ghost town.
I just wonder though how many calls have been made to our local PD from folks peeking out of their windows giving them heads up about the rough looking derelict walking around casing homes and up to no good. :lol:
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

Donegal Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Donegal Cub » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:25 pm

Lt.Mike wrote:

Don’t feel bad Bill, I’m there, have lost my razor and sometimes find my comb.
Most of the time I find myself in my “working around the shop” overalls which are somewhat ragged.
We’ve had that order for about 6 weeks now and I’ve noticed, more importantly that Paula has noticed that I’m gaining weight. No good so we’ve started walking each day. Only a couple miles while staying apart from anyone else which isn’t hard because we have a ghost town.
I just wonder though how many calls have been made to our local PD from folks peeking out of their windows giving them heads up about the rough looking derelict walking around casing homes and up to no good. :lol:

Mike it didn't escape my notice that you stated derelict (singular) you're cute enough not including Paula in that category :lol: :lol:

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A

Postby Lt.Mike » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:01 pm

No no Paula has stayed civilized.
It’s me who is degrading back to a Neanderthal state of being. Push me back in my cave and stay there? Hey this was bound to happen. ;)

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:20 am

Lt.Mike wrote:I just wonder though how many calls have been made to our local PD from folks peeking out of their windows giving them heads up about the rough looking derelict walking around casing homes and up to no good. :lol:
Now that's funny because I resemble a derelict most of the time. No need wearing good clothing when I'm just going to get them dirty and torn up.

Rain this morning. Stopped by the auto parts store and picked up a new fan belt for my 154 Numbered Cub.

Stopped by the dentist office, broke the side out of a molar. Dentist was alone in office. We had long chat about social distancing and the affect on her, the dentist, business. She was worried that here staff would not return because the were making more money on unemployment than they made working.

Making Irish soda bread, with frosting, because I need something to do until the rain stops and I can get to the acreage.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A

Postby Lt.Mike » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:05 am

Got my range qualification out of the way this morning for renewal of my RPO (retired police Officer concealed carry permit) so I actually shaved and looked somewhat respectable for that. We wore masks, attendance was limited and we wore masks.
I’ve got to go clean my weapons now and move on to the next project.
Let’s see, I’ve chased down those electrical issues in my house and gotten a ton of work done on my landscaping. I got burnt out on my truck restoration project and walked away from that project months ago.
Sometimes I wonder if I’m under house arrest now because somebody is trying to tell me to get my butt out there to get moving on it again. :roll: Maybe if I get that done we can get back to normal again. Ya so this might all be my fault. ;)

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower

Postby Dale Finch » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:21 pm

Eugene, funny you should mention Irish Soda Bread! My neighbor down the street LOVES cooking and baking, so he has been baking up a storm while shuttered. Last week we had Irish Soda Bread, banana bread, a baguette, a chocolate cake, and can't remember what else, but something each day. Yesterday it was hot soft pretzels...yummy. And I just got back from picking up a baggie of 8 warm gingerbread cookies. They (he and his wife) usually drop them off by car, or I walk down to their house. Today, I drove down, because I delivered the goods while they were warm to my 2 sisters who live in the same neighborhood.

I really need to talk him into doing entrees, though (with me buying the fixin's). If I keep eating these sweets, I won't fit on my tractor seat!!!
OK, back to the final paint coat on the spare transmission I just rebuilt!

Then it'll be time for my afternoon snack! :lol:
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:49 pm

Dale Finch wrote:If I keep eating these sweets, I won't fit on my tractor seat.
I'm not having any problem maintaining my weight.

Wife is having weight control problems. The other day she purchased another bathroom scale because she thought the first one was getting old and lying to her. Unfortunately for her, when I get on the scales, I weigh about 5 lbs. more on the new one and the same as before on the old one.

Wife said my soda bread turned out great. I added honey, use some oat flour, bit more sugar, and doubled the raisins in the recipe.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower

Postby Dale Finch » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:29 pm

Think a loaf of that could be mailed quickly enough to stay fresh?! :lol:

Yours sounds even better than the plain baby loaf I had...although it did make good little slices of garlic toast last night!
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety