This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Weird electrical problem

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Saucymynx
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 49816

Re: Weird electrical problem

Postby Saucymynx » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:40 am

Thanks everyone. I’ll provide an update when I get to work done

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Saucymynx
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 49816

Postby Saucymynx » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:10 pm

Well, the mystery continues. Since we last talked, I replaced the ignition switch, the light switch, and the coil. The coil resistance was at two ohms so I want to head and changed it out. I found a loose ground wire for the headlights that was causing them to flicker – fixed. It looks like there is a short in my rear light so I have that disconnected for now and the headlights work fine. No more burning out fuses. But here’s the thing: despite everything looking to be wired correctly, the tractor still does not Fire up with the key in the start position. I let it crank for a few minutes and then release the key to the run position and it starts just fine. So it seems that the coil is not getting voltage with the key in the start position. There is a green wire going from the ignition switch to the coil, as well as the wire from the distributor. The only other thing that I don’t know how it might relate is that the oil warning light doesn’t seem to work. The wires look fine and the bulb looks fine. Could this is somehow relate to the starting issue? I am really grasping at straws here. It’s not really a big deal since it starts when I release the key, darn, this is weird

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:44 pm

Check out the oil pressure indicator light and the oil pressure switch.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”