Traction for Plowing Snow

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Traction for Plowing Snow

Postby BigBill » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:00 pm

I picked up heavy duty ice v bar cross link chains, I made the duo cross Chains for the 8.3 tires. My 154 did great with one set of rear weights but I’m going to add another set of rear wheel weights. I run the duo links then straight cross links that throws off the wet snow if it packs on the chain.

On my fcub
http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/gall ... os&cc=0&s=

http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/gall ... os&cc=0&s=

I got a deal on v ice bar cross links. I purchased all the bags they had. I just purchase the side chain new.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

mozer71
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 22650

Postby mozer71 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:48 am

Okay, I can actually see what you are saying. Thx, BigBill. That is really aggressive traction and wheel weights too. Some of you guys get really plastered with deep snow really quickly compared to southern areas. Everybody knows that but they don't think about it much until it happens.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:51 pm

Well I wait till the snow storm is done to plow out. Without chains and weights it won’t push snow.

I purchased many bags of the ice bar wrecker cross links which I will be selling soon by the link. Even a set of ladder chains with these v ice bar links will work too. The side chains can be purchased at tirechain.com
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:19 pm

I’d rather let the sons plow with my cubs than the Jeep tractor it’s more fun.

My cousin at Stratfield farms had a farmall H or M with a plow front and rear. He would do driveways and back up to the garage drop both plows one shot do the driveway. The man was the smartest farmer I ever knew.