Weight loss problem funny?

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Weight loss problem funny?

Postby BigBill » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:25 am

I lost 200# recently. I’m ok healthwise, just cut down on my intake. On the tractors that’s 200# lost on the rear axles. On one cadet I’m thinking of adding six 20 lb wheel weights that’s 120# recovered. Now load the 29”-1250-15” tru power ags I should be close. I think I figured it close, but maybe a cement weight box too. My point is I’m trying to get away from using chains. What do you say? Maybe I can go to a wider snow plow too. I’m thinking about adding a 12 hp kolher with a creeper.

We’re thinking about a new driveway soon and tire ice bar chains does mark the driveway.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Re: Weight loss problem funny?

Postby outdoors4evr » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:56 am

Congratulations on your 'Loss' - (wow that sounds weird)

Having the Ag tires help, but once you get ice, all rubber tires get slick.
I like the idea of a weight box, but make one out of wood or steel that you can add weight to it. (Mount it when empty, then put bags of sand or salt in it to add the weight. Put the weight behind the axle (maybe mount like a 3-point) and you won't need as much weight to do the same job.

Note: Running a snow blower requires less "pushing" and doesn't need the chains as much.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:17 pm

If you could get away without chains before, I would say that you're on the right track, but if you needed chains even with the additional ballast, just getting the tractor back to it's "fighting weight" isn't going to cut it.

No matter what you do, there is no traction on packed snow without chains, period. You could put the mass of a black hole on that seat and it would still spin on the ice.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:46 pm

I’m using the 26”-1250-12” super ags on my 100 / creeper w/tiller in the garden with no chains. The ground at the new place has a high water table. I may swap out the super ags and try those. more vees per inch.

At the old house I was resealing the driveway every spring. To hide the link marks in the driveway.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:27 am

I ordered a 130 gpm fountain pump, hose and the kit for loading the tires. I have over 30 gallons of minus 20 windshield washer fluid.i have 11.2x24 tires plus my cadet tires to fill. I’m thinking about loading the three rib front tires for added weight for plowing snow. The front end does get pushed around when plowing heavy wet snow.

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby v w » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:57 am

What I need is your ability to stick with a weight loss program! :{_}: I have a weight box that mounts in the rear implement holder. I also use chains since my driveway is steep and still experience some wheel spin. All it does is to wipe out the paint but does no lasting harm to the asphalt. The worst area for spin is concrete so no problem. This is with a blower and not a blade. I would not use a welded V link chain however. Vern

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:10 am

I wake up late eat one corn muffin/coffee that’s it till supper. I eat 1/3 of a normal supper. Maybe half a 6 oz burger no cheese. Half a ham sammich with mustard. Once we get use to a cut down on intake it’s easy. I do have off days. Just not too often. Inbetween breakfast and supper it’s popcorn or pretzels, cupcake. Sometimes.

Anyone can do it.