This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall M hydraulics

Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450 & 560 Tractors, 1939-1963
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
MWZad
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 06791

Farmall M hydraulics

Postby MWZad » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:40 am

Hello guys. First off I was to say, great forum with a lot of good advice. I have a 1951 farmall m with live hydraulics and two way valve plumbed in. So I was able to play around with the tractor quick when I got home tonight. I held the liftall lever all the way back and clipped into position with the clutch pedal up. I moved the Christmas tree valve lever forward and back and I would only get 1 function, either lift up no down. Then when I switched the couplers at the rear of the tractor I would get pressure down with no lift up. If I released the liftall lever from the holding clip and put it to the natural position and moved the control rod on the Christmas tree valve it would still only do the same function. I am getting long winded but basically I am trying to say it would not matter in my situation if the liftall control was pulled all the way back and locked into position. I have been told that the suction line needs to be moved to the bottom of the belly pump vs be mounted high in the side like it currently is. And to change out the 30w in the hydraulic system to regular hydraulic fluid. Does that make any sense to anyone?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmall M hydraulics

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:57 pm

Someone over on yesterday's tractors has the same issue. Turned out to be the christmas tree valve was jammed and wouldn't move in one direction.

That was probably you, right?

Return to “Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450, & 560”