This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Oil Pan Removal/Farmall B 1944

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bullseye1968
Zip Code: 46241

Oil Pan Removal/Farmall B 1944

Postby Bullseye1968 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:37 am

Hi everyone, new guy here on this forum and I’m sure this has probably been asked somewhere on here so bear with me.

I have a 1944 Farmall B cultivision I purchased last year. I got it reasonable not running and brought her back to life and use it quite often as she had a loader that has proved invaluable around my little mini farm.

I noticed a milky oil recently and suspected a head gasket issue so I drained the oil and took off the oil pan for a cleaning and a better look.

When I removed the small cover on the bell housing at the rear of oil pan to remove those last bolts, I came across what looked like blown in insulation.

Now my gut tells me it’s a mouse nest but I wanted to verify if by chance that was something Farmall did to reduce heat inside that area. I know it’s a crazy question but I wanted to see what you all thought.

Thanks in advance
Bullseye

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Oil Pan Removal/Farmall B 1944

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:47 am

IH did put a strip of felt along the top edge of the cast version of that cover. But what you have is a mouse nest. There was a cover on the hand hole at the bottom of the bell housing that discouraged mice from moving in.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:32 pm

Plus your milky engine oil could be condensation if you do not work it hard enough and long enough to get all the oil good and hot on a regular basis.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Dusty B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61736
Tractors Owned: '45 SC Case
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Dusty B » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:37 pm

Bumble bee nest!? They love spots like that!!
Grandpa's '41 B
'56,,'57,'59, Cu'b
'45 C
'55 Case S
Dad's DB garden tractor
'48 DeSoto
'31 "A Coup
'79 Lincoln TC
God looks out for those of us who don't know how to look out for ourselves!

Return to “Farmall B & BN”