This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New tractor question

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
pokitisme
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 64132
Skype Name: Pokitisme
Tractors Owned: 1948 international Harvester Farmall h

New tractor question

Postby pokitisme » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:32 am

So I bought a Farmall h for 650 bucks. But it's interesting to me because the guy put the rear tires from a Farmall M on it and he says it has a Farmall 300 engine from what he has been told. I am curious how I would determine what is what. From what I know it is a 1939 Farmall h. So how do I differentiate the engine model and year and the tractor model and year and if there is any kind of determining if the wheels are actually off of a Farmall m. Besides that the other cool features that has is the control box has been completely cut off from everything else it's a 12-volt system and it is a key ignition. I think the damn thing is pretty cool.

Also what should the tire pressure be for the front and rear tires. Rear tires have a lot of cracks in them. But they're standing up pretty good. Front tires are a little bit low.
Favorite quotes by me. If you want to you can but if you don't you wont... most possibly yes but maybe no.... and as always buy guns keep America free

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New tractor question

Postby Urbish » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:32 am

Can you post some photos or a youtube video?
Jim

Circle of Safety

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New tractor question

Postby Stanton » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:46 am

I'd encourage you to check out the PDF manuals section. It contains the H / HV Owner's Manual, which will give you an idea on tire inflation rates (pages 61-69 for wheels/spacing, page 70 for inflation). Also check out the Farmall M section containing the "Farmall M Engine" and the "Farmall M SM manuals." The former contains spec info on many different models, including the 300 engine. The latter is the basic Owner's Manual, containing spec info on the M and Super M.

Let us know if you have any questions.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”