This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulic pump leaking by.

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
64/67lo-boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23453
Tractors Owned: .
48 cub
67 loboy
52 super c
74 cub 154
50 c
Circle of Safety: Y

Hydraulic pump leaking by.

Postby 64/67lo-boy » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:12 pm

I have a 1950 farmall c with a front snow plow thats been setting for a couple years. Trying to get it back in shape. Got it started and the touch controls wouldnt respond. Checked the engine oil and it was over full. Put a quart of oil in the control unit and it was enough to raise the plow so i could move the tractor. I thing there are two different pumps that were used if i recall correctly. Not sure which one i have or how to tell them apart. But i could be mistaken altogether. Seems the older i get the more confused i am.
Pete from Virginia Beach

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Hydraulic pump leaking by.

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:47 pm

Your pump should have either the part number, manufacturers number or both stamped in the case. It may be on the engine side. Use a mirror to check.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor