This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super C mounted corn picker

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SamsFarm
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 44410
Tractors Owned: 1968 Cub Fast Hitch
LF-1 Platform Carrier
144 Cultivators
L-F194 Plow(s)
F38 Disk
L-F3 Spring Tooth Harrow
CS Bell No. 60 Grain Mill on a unmodified Fast Hitch Disk hitch prong
Home Made Fast Hitch Potato Plow
54A Blade

Couple 1948 Cubs
172 Runner Planter
53 Fertilizer
Cub-3 Field Cultivator
Cub-189 Two Way Plow
Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower
Mechanical Transplanter with side mount barrel (needs a fast hitch adapter) :)

Misc Belly Mowers

Wish List
International 100 Fast Hitch Blade
Mott Fast Hitch Flail Mower

Wish Wish Wish List
Fast Hitch Rotary Hoe
4E hammer mill

Super C mounted corn picker

Postby SamsFarm » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:13 pm

Saw a few videos on youtube with Super C tractors with mounted pickers.

Video 1 has a C-10 picker.

Video 2 has a M-14 picker.

I always thought the letter in the implement model designation back then was representative of tractor model the implement was made to fit! ???

Either seems nice.

Was the M-14 made for the M tractor, but fits the Super C easily?

Thought I read yesterday somewhere where the C-10 picker is really rare with around 200 made. ???

Just curious as whether someone here has information on those pickers.

Not exactly something that comes up for sale very often I bet.

I imagine they are not exactly a "quick attach" type deal, are they?

How about parts availabilty?
1968 Cub Fast-Hitch

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Super C mounted corn picker

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:00 pm

The letter only represents the applicable tractor model if the letter is a prefix. It could be part of a prefix which makes it more complicated. If the letter is at the end of the model number it means something specific about the implement. In your examples, the C-10 is for a Farmall C (actually for a Super C which was current when it came out). The other picker in the videos is a 14M (not M-14). In this case there was already a picker model 14P, which was a 1-row pull-type machine. The 14M was probably heavily based on the 14P but was a mounted machine. I assume the P and M meant pull type and mounted. IH's model numbering was pretty messy. It was based on a set of rules that kept changing because new machines didn't fit into the existing rules.

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:50 am

I saw a Super C at a show in LaGrange In. several years ago, with one of these pickers on it. I don’t recall what model picker it was. Before I was born, my dad had an F-12 with a one row mounted picker. I have seen a couple of them since.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:15 am

The dummy that owns the C-10 would be me.....friend of mine in eastern VA bought a Super C and a host of implements, including the picker, from the original owner and didn't have room to store the picker. So I brought it home, bought the C from a friend, and there we are.

They didn't make many of them, not 100% clear but maybe less than 1000? It appears to be an updated 14-M. They then went from the C-10 to the 2C-10 which appears to be basically the same picker. They also made a C-11 and 2C-11 snapper, the snapper didn't have husking rolls.

The husking rolls seem to be very similar to the old IH 24 2 row picker. I haven't tried to cross reference anything to be sure but the design at least is pretty much the same.

It was not easy to mount, but it wasn't awful either. It had been on the tractor about 24 hours at that show. It is chain driven from a sprocket on the belt pulley shaft. The back half will run but the chains on the picker/snapper unit are so stiff that it won't run it--I'm going to pull it into the shop soon and limber up the chains and hopefully (hopefully) try it out this fall.

Also when I got the C home I realized that somebody cut the axles. I suspect it originally had 88" axles on it since we're in tobacco country which would have worked nice for mounting, as it is I could get the wheel out to about 39 1/2" from the drawbar and I needed 40".....The picking unit would just B A R E L Y fit between the platform and the rear tire! I also discovered when I moved the wheel out that one of the keys had broken out of the cast wheel center. At some point I will replace the wheel and maybe find an 88" axle for it.

The center snoot is in bad shape, but I think even I might be able to save it. My goal is to make it look nice and use it some as well. It gives me an excuse to buy a small MIG welder! If anyone knows of a good parts 14M or similar picker, I'd like to talk to you.....

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

SamsFarm
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 44410
Tractors Owned: 1968 Cub Fast Hitch
LF-1 Platform Carrier
144 Cultivators
L-F194 Plow(s)
F38 Disk
L-F3 Spring Tooth Harrow
CS Bell No. 60 Grain Mill on a unmodified Fast Hitch Disk hitch prong
Home Made Fast Hitch Potato Plow
54A Blade

Couple 1948 Cubs
172 Runner Planter
53 Fertilizer
Cub-3 Field Cultivator
Cub-189 Two Way Plow
Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower
Mechanical Transplanter with side mount barrel (needs a fast hitch adapter) :)

Misc Belly Mowers

Wish List
International 100 Fast Hitch Blade
Mott Fast Hitch Flail Mower

Wish Wish Wish List
Fast Hitch Rotary Hoe
4E hammer mill

Postby SamsFarm » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:30 am

Well, I would not say your a dummy!
Only dummys are the ones who scrap them! ☹️

Looks like a fun contraption!
88" axles are the optional ones, right?

However if they bring outrageous prices like this ⬇️ one did, not one gonna be in my future!

Someone paid $1500 for the tractor and $7000 for the picker attached to it.

If ever I was to throw that kind of cash around, I would be getting a super nice, late model, New Idea one row pull type and a like new gravity wagon too!

Dont hesitate to post up progress on yours Al!
1968 Cub Fast-Hitch

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:36 am

SamsFarm wrote:Well, I would not say your a dummy!
Only dummys are the ones who scrap them! ☹️

Looks like a fun contraption!
88" axles are the optional ones, right?

However if they bring outrageous prices like this ⬇️ one did, not one gonna be in my future!

Someone paid $1500 for the tractor and $7000 for the picker attached to it.

If ever I was to throw that kind of cash around, I would be getting a super nice, late model, New Idea one row pull type and a like new gravity wagon too!

Dont hesitate to post up progress on yours Al!

88" and 100" were optional.

I heard about that $7000 picker. Now anybody with a picker or even a parts picker will think they have a goldmine...... :?

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”