This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super AV, Cub, and C questions?

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Super AV, Cub, and C questions?

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:35 pm

customcutter wrote:Stan, thanks for the link to the CubFest. I did a search last night trying to find information on whether the SAV or SA needed the oil pump primed? Nothing came up, so I was thinking that it was a Cub issue? I didn't look at all of the search results, but everything I saw indicated Cub in the thread titles.

Not a problem. The SA (all that series from the A to the 504) has an oil pump in the pan, actually submerged in the oil. As long as the pan is properly filled, it should pump. Related, the bottom plate on those pumps can warp and allow oil to leak out of the pump back into the pan. It can cause low pressure. They can be repaired by lapping the part on a flat plate with sandpaper.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

customcutter
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 33596
Tractors Owned: Super A Industrial
Farmall 100

Re: Super AV, Cub, and C questions?

Postby customcutter » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:26 pm

Jim Becker wrote:
customcutter wrote:Stan, thanks for the link to the CubFest. I did a search last night trying to find information on whether the SAV or SA needed the oil pump primed? Nothing came up, so I was thinking that it was a Cub issue? I didn't look at all of the search results, but everything I saw indicated Cub in the thread titles.

Not a problem. The SA (all that series from the A to the 504) has an oil pump in the pan, actually submerged in the oil. As long as the pan is properly filled, it should pump. Related, the bottom plate on those pumps can warp and allow oil to leak out of the pump back into the pan. It can cause low pressure. They can be repaired by lapping the part on a flat plate with sandpaper.

Thanks Jim, I wasn't aware of the bottom plate possibly warping. I was reading some other comments and had seen where the bottom aluminum plate had oxidized and deteriorated. Don't remember but probably due to water in the oil pan from sitting in the weather. IIRC it crumbled when he tried to remove it.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”