Good Morning From South Carolina

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
workinonit
Zip Code: 29591

Good Morning From South Carolina

Postby workinonit » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:03 am

Hello all! New from the Pee Dee area of SC. Recently acquired 2 140s on a trade. I've always wanted one and once I could afford one they had gotten so expensive I couldn't justify it. Until I ran across someone that was interested in some old cars that I had and he had 4 140s. One of them is a high crop. Long story short I ended up with 2. He ended up with most of what my wife categorized as "junk". One of the tractors is almost perfect. I know who owned it originally and know who has owned it since. It has all of the cultivator equipment. I have been using it this spring for the garden. The other 140 is pretty rough. Cosmetically it is really good. Engine runs really well but it smokes. Oil leaks from multiple places. Both lifts leak down. It is a project. I will post up some pics later.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Good Morning From South Carolina

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:11 am

Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you made a deal that was good for both you and your wife.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Dh2jr
Zip Code: 49058
Tractors Owned: 1953 farmall super A

Postby Dh2jr » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:43 am

Congrats on your trades I know you'll enjoy the countless hours of playing with your tractors. I know I do.
53 Super A

workinonit
Zip Code: 29591

Postby workinonit » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:39 pm

I can't tell you the amount of time I've spent operating a 140. So I knew I wanted one to work my garden. It's taken me a few weeks to find and procure the belly and rear cultivators for the second tractor. I also found a brand new original distributor setup for one of them and a Cole setup for the other. I have a few more items to get and I'll be ready to tear #2 apart for rebuild.