This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Carb / governor adjustment after tuneup

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
farmalllove
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 16137
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub with plow, snow plow, and belly mower
1952 Farmall Cub with international plow, snow plow, cultivators, and mower.
1953 Farmall Super A with hydraulic lift, flat belt Buzz-Saw, Snow plow, bucket, and cultivators.

Carb / governor adjustment after tuneup

Postby farmalllove » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:40 pm

Now that it has warmed up I adjusted the valves on my Super A, and replaced the sparkplugs. The valves were adjusted to .017 cold. For reference, the valves were .029-.037 before adjustment. After the adjustment I tried to start the tractor and it is not wanting to start as before. With the fuel at about 1/3-1/2 and the choke pulled out half way, it will start and run for maybe 3-5 seconds and then will shut down. I am guessing that I need to adjust the carburetor so that it is getting more fuel. This would be achieved by loosening the screw? Would anyone recommend somewhere different to start? Timing? Governor spring? Thanks again for the help.
Successful people don't have fewer problems. They have determined that nothing will stop them from going forward.
-Benjamin Carson-

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

farmalllove
5+ Years
5+ Years
1953 Farmall Super A with hydraulic lift, flat belt Buzz-Saw, Snow plow, bucket, and cultivators.

Re: Carb / governor adjustment after tuneup

Postby farmalllove » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:41 pm

For further reference, the carburetor is the IH version made by Carter? The screw was backed out 3/4 of a turn before the valve adjustment.
Successful people don't have fewer problems. They have determined that nothing will stop them from going forward.
-Benjamin Carson-

farmalllove
5+ Years
5+ Years

Re: Carb / governor adjustment after tuneup

Postby farmalllove » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:41 pm

No need for a reply at this point. I got if figured out.
-Benjamin Carson-

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”