This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super A Touch Control Control Valve O-Rings

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Super A Touch Control Control Valve O-Rings

Postby Super A » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:36 pm

For the last couple months I'ts been so wet/rainy/cold, or I've been so lazy/sick/busy that I haven't done anything to get ready for spring. Maybe we will have a few days of dry weather and we can get the garden started. However, last summer the Super A (Old Ugly) developed a pretty serious control valve leak at the front of the Touch Control block. What's the collective opinion of the group--just pull that valve and replace the o-rings, or go ahead and re-o-ring the entire unit? I haven't ever opened a Super A unit up--will the valve just slide out the front once you disconnect the linkage?

Also the hyd. pump started pumping oil into the crankcase. I might have to address that later.....

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

bt73000
Zip Code: 27574
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall A
1950 Farmall Super A
1955 Ford 640
1965 MF 135 Diesel
1966 JD 4020 Diesel

Re: Super A Touch Control Control Valve O-Rings

Postby bt73000 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:21 pm

I rebuilt my neighbors last year because it was leaking. It had several damaged check valve springs as well as a broken pressure relief valve wave washer. That one was cost $50 from Case/IH and that was the only place it was available. Even called around looking for a used one and they where all broken also. Probably pretty common problem. All and all it wasn't a bad job, but I would recommend a original parts manual to reference how things are reassembled.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”