This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Quicky auxiliary toolbox

Any other helpful tips you may have.
radioguy41
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 18235
Tractors Owned: -
1957 Red IH Lo-Boy
1980 Red IH Cub Cadet 782
1993 Craftsman LT4000
Circle of Safety: Y

Quicky auxiliary toolbox

Postby radioguy41 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:05 pm

A week or so ago I managed to run out of gas with the Cub going up a hill and as I inspected things it occurred to me that I did not have enough of a selection of tools onboard depending on what kind of problem I might run into. Well it turned out that since the fuel outlet was at the front of the tank the fuel had simply run to the rear due to the incline and uncovered the outlet so a couple of gallons from a can fixed it right up, but what if?

So I decided to finally install a nice little toolbox my son had picked up for me. Nothing special, just something to carry a hammer, pliers, mechanics wire and wire cutter, and some odds & ends.

I decided to use the left side implement mounting holes so I made up a couple of brackets.
Cub Aux Toolbox-6s.jpg

I painted them red, lined up the box, drilled two 1/4" holes through the bottom and each bracket and bolted it up. Not much to it but it doesn't look too bad. The forward implement bolt goes through the back of the box for extra rigidity with a small spacer to give room for the lid to open all the way. If I ever need to use those implement mounts it's a simple matter of two bolts and the toolbox comes right off. The difference in color is due to the flash.
Cub Aux Toolbox-12s.jpg

Cub Aux Toolbox-18s.jpg
Circle of Safety Image ImageImage
KB3WBB

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Miscellaneous Ideas”