Rookie

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.

Moderator: Team Cub

govmule84
Zip Code: 18062

Rookie

Postby govmule84 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:56 pm

Hi.

I creeped your forum for quite a long time. I needed wanted a small tractor. A buddy of mine is into Deere L and LAs, and he recommended one to me. I thought those might be a touch larger than what I need.

So I bought a '50 Cub very recently. It's pretty nice. It's an older resto. It needs some attention, which I'll give it. I'm a younger guy I think than most in this game, at 36. New to Cubs, but not new to old stuff that runs. I have lots and lots of old toys, most of which have come to me in not-so-great condition and were made correct again.

I live in Eastern PA in the Lehigh Valley. I plan to use my Cub for plowing the drive, hauling firewood in my little wagon, and moving the log splitter and trailers around from time to time.

The tractor I got is a local machine, and I am the third owner. It's a pretty good looking thing, and it seems to run well, but it has some deferred maintenance items that I would like to get shipshape. I have an owner's manual and a parts manual... I will download and print a service manual posthaste. I want to follow the "just got a Cub checklist" along with the manual, and then I guess I'll start using it.

Here's a picture of it. Thanks for having me (in advance) and if anyone wants to come by and drink my beer and tell me stories, get in touch.

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Rookie

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Wed May 05, 2021 9:31 am

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking, I am sure you will find all the info you need on this site.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Wed May 05, 2021 9:45 am

Welcome to the Forum. You've got a nice looking Cub. Let us know if we can be of any help.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Wed May 05, 2021 10:52 am

Welcome. Keep the first weekend in October open for Cubfest Northeast in Oxford, NY. Less than 3 hours North of you. You’ll get to meet many members of this forum, get help with your Cub projects and enjoy good food.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39
Circle of Safety

Return to “Introduce Yourself”