This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

EZ Carburetor Straightening Jig and Template

All fuel related How To’s can be found here
calcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 95032
Tractors Owned: 2- 1952 Cubs

EZ Carburetor Straightening Jig and Template

Postby calcub » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:51 pm

While visiting my engineer son in Azle, TX over Thanksgiving, we decided to make a drawing and a written procedure to make and use a IH carb straightening jig. The intent was to design this using most tools that are found in a home workshop. The large drill bit(s) could be substituted using a 1 1/8" hole saw depending on the material used for the jig.

I have both, pdf and PowerPoint files format. For purposes of this posting, I will only post the pdf file which is only 1mb in size. The PowerPoint file is 13mb and likely too large to send digitally for many members to open. I can send it upon request.

Orv Buesing
Los Gatos, CA

Updated 1-29-2017:
77a Cub Carb Template with Dimensions PDF
77b Cub Carburetor Flattening Jig Procedure PDF
77a Cub Carburetor Flattening Jig Procedure PDF

Original:
44 Cub_Carburetor_Flattening_Jig_Procedure_compressed.pdf (Use version 77a)
44 Cub Carb Template with hole Diameters
Last edited by calcub on Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

calcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 95032
Tractors Owned: 2- 1952 Cubs

Re: EZ Carburetor Straightening Jig and Template

Postby calcub » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:28 am

Whoops.... I forgot to mention that the box around the drawing is 4" X 4" if that helps those that are not comfortable with only using the drawing centerpoint locations for the four large holes in the phase one operation. Again, the 4 mounting holes are just general references and they will be accurately located in the second phase after centering and clamping the carb top to the jig and using a center punch

Return to “Fuel”