This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sad News from Deep South

Dedicated to those we love and miss dearly.
clintmo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 26033
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
55 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Sad News from Deep South

Postby clintmo » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:03 pm

Oh man, just now finding this sad news. Roy was just one of the many warm, welcoming faces I met at my first Bash six (I think) years ago and it was always a distinct pleasure to see him every time after, at the Tug too. I always wanted to make it too DSCF because I knew Roy was sure to be an excellent host. Just really enjoyed his company. My condolences to his family and close friends. I feel fortunate to have spent time with Mr. E.

Clint

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:08 pm

Very sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences.
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:14 pm

My heart is broken hearing this sad news. last time I saw Roy he and Billy Ray stopped by my work place picking up a couple pull type mowers we had for sale. Always sent me emails now and then when he ran across John Deere Model D's for sale because he knew I liked them so well. :lost:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

RonT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 34448
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub - Whitington
1972 154 Cub Loboy
1989 Kubota L2050
1948 Willy's CJ-2A
1924 Model T Fordor

Postby RonT » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:35 pm

Here is Mr E's obituary
Roy Earl Edenfield, photographer, daylily enthusiast, antique tractor fanatic, and eternal optimist, died peacefully on Thursday, July 9, 2020 following a brief illness at the age of 76. His passion for beautiful flowers, particularly daylilies (meaning “beauty for the day”), was indicative of his unwavering dedication to finding beauty and meaning in all situations. He had a zest for life, with unmatched enthusiasm for creating and capturing beautiful moments and cultivating delicious fresh fruits to share with his beloved daughters (Angela, Tami, and Teresa) and grandchildren (Aleisha, Kristan, Michaela, and Josh). His relentless optimism, curiosity, and inquisitiveness were trademarks, and he lived by the motto, “the only bad question is the one you don’t ask.” All who knew him will have enduring memories of his uncanny ability to generate questions and make even the most mundane topic richly intriguing. Roy maintained a youthful exuberance for learning throughout his life that will be remembered and carried on by the countless lives he influenced.

Roy was born February 18, 1944 in Alliance, Florida to Vernice and Bufford Edenfield. He was an only child, and the first in his family to pursue college education to quench his thirst for knowledge. He developed an early appreciation for hard work, accountability, and going above and beyond to provide for family and loved ones. He instilled the importance of discipline, loyalty, lifelong learning, and relentless strength and perseverance in his daughters, grandchildren, and the many lives he touched through the world of women’s athletics.

Roy was passionate about travel. Most often he was chasing one of his daughters, granddaughters, or the many young athletes he was proud to support around a softball diamond or volleyball court. He also thrived on visiting his adopted family of antique tractor enthusiasts at a “Cub Fest” somewhere along the beautiful countryside. Undoubtedly, every trip was slowed down by his miraculous ability to spot an old tractor hidden in the landscape that should be admired and “might just need a new home!”

Because of Roy's conviction to celebrating life and finding the bright silver lining around every dark cloud, his immediate family will hold a private service focused on honoring his gregariousness and zeal. In lieu of flowers, the family humbly requests donations to the Roy Edenfield Memorial Softball Scholarship, initiated to facilitate the success of young women in achieving excellence on the softball diamond and thriving as student-athletes and future leaders. To donate, please make checks payable to Seminole Boosters, Inc., and reference Account #412968 c/o Roy Edenfield Memorial Softball Scholarship and mail to Attention Hugh Tomlinson, PO Box 1353, Tallahassee, FL 32302.

The family would like to thank the many friends and extended family who have expressed love, support, and appreciation for the impact Roy had on their lives. In addition, the family extends sincere gratitude to the medical teams at Shands Hospital in Gainesville, FL for the excellent care and compassion provided to Roy and his family. While his love of the FSU Seminoles was the source of many good laughs during his time in “gator country,” he found comfort, support, and a wonderful outlet for his endearing sense of humor during his final days. As a consummate peace maker, perhaps his final mission was to bridge diplomatic relations between rivals…or, simply convince a few more souls why Garnet and Gold are the only colors to sport!

RIP Mr E!
https://www.crevassesimplecremation.com ... s4MA3uy250

Maine-iac
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27712

Postby Maine-iac » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:52 am

Teresa and I would like to thank everyone for the support these past couple weeks. We sure do miss him. This forum and its members truly meant a lot to Mr. E. You all were like family to him.

We will be doing our best to maintain his tractors and I've already had to tackle a couple problems, so you are likely to see me poking around these pages.

Best!
Matt Fecteau

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:15 pm

Matt, please keep in touch with us.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Maine-iac
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27712

Postby Maine-iac » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:57 pm

Barnyard wrote:Matt, please keep in touch with us.

You bet!
Matt Fecteau

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .

Postby coppersmythe » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:36 am

Roy , you brightened up a lot of folks day with a cubfest that was the highlight of the year . You will b missed . God surely blessed your life . Coppersmythe

Return to “Family & Friends Memorial Forum”