This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Radiator tube "hit the fan" what now?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dave B '47 CT
10+ Years
10+ Years

Radiator tube "hit the fan" what now?

Postby Dave B '47 CT » Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:45 pm

I was mowing last summer when I heard all kinds of racket from the front of the engine. I shut Sparky down, and found that the radiator overflow tube had somehow gotten in the way of the fan blade. Well, I broke the overflow tube off to finish my mowing. How should I effect a repar?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:00 pm

Solder or braze a stub on (if there isn't enough left) and get some rubber tubing. Unless you're talking about a restoration, then you should be able to replicate what was there.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:57 pm

This subject just reminded me that the last time I used my Cub I heard the fan making a grinding noise while it was having a heavy push with the front blade. I dont know if it was the shroud or ? cause I checked for rub marks but found none. Anybody hear fan rub noise while pushing with the front blade?.
Then came Bronson

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:12 pm

Check your fan hub. Fan hitting anything usually is a sign of a worn out hub bearing. You want to catch it before the fan hits the radiator.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:18 am

Jim Becker wrote:Check your fan hub. Fan hitting anything usually is a sign of a worn out hub bearing. You want to catch it before the fan hits the radiator.

Thanks Jim, I will put this info on my check list for when I uncover the Cub. I didn`t notice anything loose when I oiled the hub but I will give it a good check when I pull the hood/tank off come dry weather.
Then came Bronson

Malcolm
10+ Years
10+ Years

Fan hitting shield

Postby Malcolm » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:41 am

Jim Becker wrote:
Check your fan hub. Fan hitting anything usually is a sign of a worn out hub bearing. You want to catch it before the fan hits the radiator.

Started the cub up for the first time in a few weeks and I think I have this very problem. Fan hitting the shield every once in awhile. Can see that the fan is movind a little and some vibration in the belt.

How big a job is this to correct? Any hints on how to do greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
malcolm

Return to “Farmall Cub”