This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

48 Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
I gotta cub
Zip Code: 00000

48 Cub

Postby I gotta cub » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:43 pm

Hello, I've been reading and learning tons of good info on here for a long time..I finally decided to become a registered user...I have a 48 Cub #15304... About 5 years ago a person contacted me and asked me if I was in interested in an old tractor she owned..I told her I probably couldn't afford to buy it because my other hobby is WWII jeeps ..she then said that she didn't ask me if I wanted to buy it, she said she sold her small farm and she would give it to me if I wanted it...so...I went over to her place and here was this pretty little cub in her backyard... How could I refuse?? She wouldn't take any money for it, she said she wanted it to go to someone who would take care of it...I promised her I would.it is in excellent shape... I'll post some more when time permits

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

staninlowerAL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36558
Tractors Owned: Cubs: (3)'49's, (1 is for parts), (1)'57 IH Cub LoBoy w/FH, (2)154 Number Series Loboys, (1 is for parts), '76 Longstripe w/FH, Mowers: C-22, Bush Hog 412, Pennington 59, Woods RM42CF, Woods 42, assorted FCub plows, planters, discs, etc. OTHERS: '49 AC B & Ind. Sickle mower, '61 AC D12 Ser 2, '52 8N, '56 Ferguson 35 Deluxe, '47 & '49 Avery V, '53 MM BG (offset), '51 JD M (regular), '56 JD 420C, with Blade and fire plow, '85 JD 850 (Yanmar) w/72" belly mower, '76? Yanmar 2TR15 1500 & Bush Hog SQ42S-2 mower, '78? FORD Dexta, '86 FORD LGT14D & 48" Mower, (2)Cub Cadets & Mowers (MTD), (4) Sears Surburban's, other MTD mowers, Jeeps & other misc. "treasures"
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 48 Cub

Postby staninlowerAL » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:52 pm

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Fcub. Everyone should be so lucky!!!
Stan in LA (lower AL)
USAF & Reserves, Reg ARMY, ARMY NG (AL)

Magnum
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: Nope

Postby Magnum » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:26 am

Wow. You are so lucky . Seems like a good match with ww2 jeeps , those are really awsome too . I wouldn't complain if there was a pic or two of that either

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:29 am

Welcome aboard! I agree with the lady who gifted the Cub to you, it’s not about the money, in some cases. When I’m finished with my tractors, I too, will be looking for caring new owners, for them.

I gotta cub

Postby I gotta cub » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:01 am

Thanks for the replies...I recently retired after working for 45 years... when I was a young guy my dad always told me that that a man gets used to being broke working for a living...he was not wrong..lol.i have his old 52 8n that I fixed up enough to make if functional..I also have a 44 9n that I bought from a fella that his grandfather bought new in 44.. I'm not a farmer, I worked in the mills in western Oregon for a long time.. timber industry. I don't know how to post pics..may take me awhile to figure it out.

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:29 am

Welcome to the Forum! Congratulations on your Cub!

Now that you’ve officially a member, take some time and read through a few threads to acquaint yourself with the Forum:

And since you have at least 2 posts on the Forum, you'll have access to the all the PDF Manuals on this site. There’s a few ways to do that:
  • From a desktop or laptop, go to "Quick Links" in the upper left corner of your screen. Hit that and a pull-down appears where you'll find "PDF Manuals".
  • You can also go to “Cub Info” in the upper toolbar, then hit “Rudi’s Manuals”. From there, you can access a variety of information.
  • If you're using a phone, go to the "Links Directory" (second category down the main page). Once in "Links Directory" , scroll down to the second section "Tractor Parts & Manuals" and you'll find them there.

You'll be able to download an Owner's Manual (very strongly recommended for maintenance and understanding your Cub) and any service manuals that interest you. Implement Manuals are also available.

There are a lot of good threads dealing with Cub repair and maintenance in the How To Forum. Located here: How To Forum

Speaking of Cub repair, one of the best places to learn about and repair your Cub is at a CubFest. These are annual gatherings around the country where Cub owners attend to meet other Cubbers, learn about Cub repair, and enjoy great food. The CubFest calendar and some more info about what a CubFest is all about is located here: CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements

We’d encourage you to take the Safety Test located in the Safety Forum: Circle of Safety Test and Profile Badge

Take some pictures of your tractor and post them, we’d like to see it.

Remember:
  • Pictures are limited to 500 KB file size. Use an image reducer app or program to downsize pics.
  • When you have a specific question, start a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum.
  • Before posting, use the Preview button before hitting Submit--it'll show you exactly what your post will look like, including pictures.
  • When adding your comments to a thread, be sure to look at the date of the last poster. If it’s more than a 6 months old, the posters are probably not going to see it. Consider starting a new thread.

Glad you joined us.

:tractor:
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

I gotta cub

Postby I gotta cub » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:28 pm

I'm probably going to have someone I know to show me how to post pics..thanks Stanton for the info, but I'm not very savvy on computer stuff...I'm pretty good at getting them running..l always liked the L-Head motors..some of my WWII jeeps and some of my CJ2A's still have the original motors, which is pretty remarkable...

Floater
Zip Code: 12944
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub

Postby Floater » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:34 am

Here - I did a couple of test shots for you:

It's true! WWII Jeeps and Cubs do play well together.

I gotta cub

Postby I gotta cub » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:49 am

Very nice!! None of my jeeps are restored, but they are fairly complete and I keep them all dry under a roof...I'm sure you are familiar with the early MB slat grills...I have 3 of them I picked up around 20 years ago...I fired up my cub yesterday, it purrs like a kitten..

Return to “Farmall Cub”