This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sick to my stomach update, feels better

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Joeandmack
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 03303
Tractors Owned: 58 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Sick to my stomach update, feels better

Postby Joeandmack » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:17 pm

It sure ain’t pretty, my radiator repair looks like a cross between a solder landslide and gum jammed on the bottom of a desk. But it seems to be working. Thanks for all of the advice everyone. The hard part was finding all the pin holes, just when I thought I was all set I would see a little dribble of water. Hope there’s no water tomorrow morning on the floor. As for the reassembling process I have a question. Does it make any sense to put anti-seize lubricant on the radiator support bolts? I hope to not have to take them off again for a good while, but I am not exactly feeling lucky, this started out with me checking the transmission oil… but I have learned a lot in my escapades up to the radiator.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Sick to my stomach update, feels better

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:30 pm

I normally switch the radiator bolts to stainless. Using the anti-seize is definitely a good idea even if the radiator won't come off again for a long time (we always hope..). You might want to chase the holes first to clean them out.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Return to “Farmall Cub”