This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rust and grey to red High temp primer

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Joeandmack
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 03303
Tractors Owned: 58 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Rust and grey to red High temp primer

Postby Joeandmack » Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:13 pm

The exhaust manifold got primed with high temp primer. The Exhaust got hand sanded and wire brushed to get the rust off and primed. Now I still have a lot of the high temp primer left over, and a tractor with a number of rusty and exposed spots scattered the tank, axels dog legs etc.. aside from making the tractor look like it got sun burned with different shading in different areas, would it be wrong to use the high temp stuff on places that won’t get hot? I’m half debating painting the whole tractor (only have rattle cans) since there are so many little rust spots. Thoughts?

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 29848
Tractors Owned: Yanmar YM2000
Yanmar YM186 (non running)
1952 Farmall Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Rust and grey to red High temp primer

Postby Clemsonfor » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:51 pm

No it won't matter. It just primer that can stand up to higher temps. I'm sure some will say you have to blast it and use epoxy primer and paint in a booth and all the exact proper ways. But for what your doing I don't see a problem.