This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Where Can I Find Rattle Can Federal Yellow in a Pinch?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
superstevek1
Zip Code: 06612

Where Can I Find Rattle Can Federal Yellow in a Pinch?

Postby superstevek1 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:22 pm

Hello guys due to increase in paint prices might anyone know if the Rustoleum Federal Yellow is the same color and quality as the Ironguard Federal Yellow - New Holland Case - Pre-1975 - MS10 Ind/Federal Yellow (991098N) ? I was using the Ironguard to start but now 16 a can I can get a case (6) of Rustoleum for 30 bucks or so. If anyone knows if it is close or the same would be great! Thanks :thanx: :tractor:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Where Can I Find Rattle Can Federal Yellow in a Pinch?

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:07 pm

Should be close. Paint a test strip of the Rustoleum and compare it to the CaseIH.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 29848
Tractors Owned: Yanmar YM2000
Yanmar YM186 (non running)
1952 Farmall Cub

Postby Clemsonfor » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:30 pm

Don McCombs wrote:Should be close. Paint a test strip of the Rustoleum and compare it to the CaseIH.

Yea this is the only way, you can also blend it in. If your spray painting parts it's just to cover or touch up, probably not restoring one with spray cans. I'm sure it's close enough

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:01 am

It won't be the same color. Quality is a matter of opinion. Some people don't think much of Rustoleum. I've never really been that impressed with the Iron Guard spray cans.

Color is a matter of opinion too. Three people will look at "IH red" and have five different opinions on how "correct" it is, when NONE of them really have any idea. For me, if the can says "Federal Yellow" that's close enough.

As long as you're not partially painting with IG and partially with Rustoleum, nobody is going to notice.

Return to “Farmall Cub”