Loader issues.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
firemedicjoe
Zip Code: 53937

Loader issues.

Postby firemedicjoe » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:23 pm

We have a loader on our cub (Walker?) and if there’s any weight in the bucket, it won’t lift it. It’s good on fluid with no leaks. The cub is a 55.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Loader issues.

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:28 pm

Wagner?

Did you put the loader on or did it come on the tractor? Has it ever been able to lift a load since it was on this tractor?

How are the hydraulics connected from the tractor to the loader?

firemedicjoe
Zip Code: 53937

Postby firemedicjoe » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:20 am

The loader has been on the tractor since the 50's. As far as has it ever been able to lift anything? That, I don't know. I've never really tried to lift anything until recently.
The hydraulics are connected to the tractor on the left side of the tractor. I have noticed that sometimes I need to run the other hydraulics (lever next to the throttle) in order to get the bucket to come up. My other thought is that it could be a weak pump.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:33 pm

Sounds like it is not connected correctly. It will not work to simply tap into the pressure port at the rear end of the hydraulic manifold and use it as input to the loader valve. You must either:
- Use a bypass block to divert all flow from the pump to the loader valve. OR
- Mechanically block movement of the Touch-Control rockshaft and move the Touch-Control lever to the opposite position.

Either method will work. The first allows use of the Touch-Control system with the loader installed.

If you post some pictures of your loader and hydraulic connections we can see what you have and provide some guidance and details on the options.