This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Crankshaft pully removal

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Paul Van Benschoten
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12477
Circle of Safety: Y

Crankshaft pully removal

Postby Paul Van Benschoten » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:43 pm

Is it possible to remove the crankshaft pully using a 20ton press?

I have a very rusty crankshaft, front plate and pully out of the engine. The front plate is in good shape with the fan mounting ears unbroken. I'd like to get the plate off, probably for resale.

I do not see how I could evenly support the pully as I push out the crankshaft using a bolt through the pully center.

An alternative would be to cut the crankshaft. I do have a Milwaukee power hacksaw but I assume the crankshaft is hardened.

I could also bring it to Cecil's in a couple of weeks if someone is going to have a puller there.

I guess the real question is: Does someone have a need for an unbroken front plate?
Paul Van Benschoten

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Crankshaft pully removal

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:59 pm

You might consider using a bearing separator to support the pulley. I can bring one to Cecil’s if he doesn’t have one.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Return to “Farmall Cub”