This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Length of control arm

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Farminginthepast
Zip Code: 03290

Length of control arm

Postby Farminginthepast » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:09 am

Hey all, I'm really enjoying this group, so here's my first question of im sure many. My 48 cub (ser.# 11353) came to me with what i believe is called the single point hitch system. The manual lift lever (left side of seat) has a bar running to the front(rock shaft?) Anyway this bar is bent 7 ways to Sunday and I've noticed in pics most other bars are fairly straight. Is there a measurement I could ball park to know if this bar is correct or did it come off a different tractor because if it were straightened it looks to be about 3 or 4 inches longer than needed. Thanks in advance.

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Length of control arm

Postby tst » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:59 am

Hi, what you are referring to sounds like a rear rockshaft and rod in the picture, there are 2 different rods, the one in the pic is for newer cubs with the short dash board, your 48 should have the long dashboard and takes one with a bend at one end, I can help you with a new one if needed
Attachments
rockshaft rod.jpg

indy61
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby indy61 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:16 am

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:55 pm

Hi,
He said he has a manual lift lever above.

I have a rod here I think is an original, for the manual lift lever and front rockshaft, it measures 48" center to center of the attaching bends at the ends of it.
It is the rod with the bend at the dash.

Below are pics from TM Tractor of a manual lift lever, and the front rockshaft, and the lift rod.

http://www.tmtractor.com/tm-tractor/gdr ... ub_001.htm

Below are pages from the Cub 144 Cultivator owner's manual.
The 1st page shows the manual lift lever.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... age-08.jpg

The 2nd page shows the front rockshaft and the lift rod. The manual is from 1950, so I guess they have a pic of a straight lift rod. :)

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... age-09.jpg