This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

carb leaking

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
kully560
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 11727

Re: carb leaking

Postby kully560 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:08 pm

thanks Rick, I do believe the shut of was not tight enough but anyway I learned about keeping the screen clean . the tractor runs so good I hate to fool with it . it is a very simple carb otherwise once you study it . I do need to focus on other things like the front crank shaft seal this winter. thanks again everybody .

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

NJ Farmer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 08876
Tractors Owned: 1953 F-Cub
1957 F-Cub
1956 Lo-Boy
1971 Cub Cadet 149
1976 Cub Cadet 1200
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby NJ Farmer » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:36 pm

The only time your carburetor should drip is when you take the drain plug out. I recommend a rebuild and follow the manual on how to set the float drop. Also I would check the mating surface of the float needle and seat make sure no burrs or debris.

NJ Farmer

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:21 am

If the carb. Is as it should be, you can leave the fuel valve turned on indefinitely and carb. should not leak fuel while setting. That said, I do keep mine shut off when not in use, even though they don’t leak.

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 29848
Tractors Owned: Yanmar YM2000
Yanmar YM186 (non running)
1952 Farmall Cub

Postby Clemsonfor » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:51 pm

kully560 wrote:the screen was clog , I removed the air filter rubber hose and sprayed carb cleaner into the screen and when the motor runs now I hear a little whistle like air passing through the screen . I do not think it is the float as the carb is original and the tractor has never been mess with .could be maybe I did not have the fuel shut off valve closed tight enough and gas drip out of the choke shaft instead of the screen . but all looks good so far , thanks

Just cause it's original doesn't mean the float is not the issue. Floats sink...could have a pinhole in it and fill with gas

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 29848
Tractors Owned: Yanmar YM2000
Yanmar YM186 (non running)
1952 Farmall Cub

Postby Clemsonfor » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:55 pm

NJ Farmer wrote:The only time your carburetor should drip is when you take the drain plug out. I recommend a rebuild and follow the manual on how to set the float drop. Also I would check the mating surface of the float needle and seat make sure no burrs or debris.

NJ Farmer

I was going to say something similar. The carb SHOULD not leak just sitting weather the shut off in open or closed. But sometimes things are not 100% as this one is and sounds like needle and or seat is worn or crud on it or junk stuck in there. It needs to be looked at one day, but if it doesn't flood running and runs fine I'd say it would be ok to just keep fuel shut off when not in use untill symptoms start to increase.

Return to “Farmall Cub”