This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Radiator overflow tube

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Command52
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 19954

Radiator overflow tube

Postby Command52 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:59 am

Was the original 1957 Cub overflow radiator tube soldered or Breeze to the tank as pictured in the two spots I am pointing to or is this something that someone has done also where the tube goes into the radiator fill neck would that get soldered or brazed I'm trying to put back as close to original as I can. Thank you Billy
Attachments
20210626_104449_resized(2).jpg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Radiator overflow tube

Postby tst » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:28 am

it was soldered, blow through the tube 1st to make sure it is not plugged up, they rust on the inside , better off with just a short tube off the neck with a rubber hose, less problems

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Radiator overflow tube

Postby Glen » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:55 pm

Hi,
The original radiator overflow tube was soldered on at the filler neck, so it had no leaks there, and in probably 2 places on the upper radiator tank. I haven't seen them all, so not sure if they always used 2 places on the upper tank.

Below is a listing at TM Tractor for a new overflow tube, it has pics of where the solder is.
It shows the clip near the bottom of the tube also.

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/co/144fp.htm

They have said on here before, don't heat the filler neck too much trying to solder the tube on it, the solder holding the filler neck in can melt, then the filler neck is loose.

The fan shroud goes one way, with the headlight wire clips at the top, so the overflow tube fits in the places on the shroud for it.

The new Clancy replacement radiator that TM Tractor sells has a plastic overflow tube.
The pics I saw on here of plastic tubes, they run down the left side of the shroud, and have 2 or so clips holding it to the shroud. :)

Return to “Farmall Cub”