This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1963 Lo Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 1963 Lo Cub

Postby Peter Person » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:30 pm

BaconFarms wrote:
wrz wrote:It is interesting to see the fast hitch lift arms are connected directly to the support bar for the pull bar. The pictures don't show if the fast hitch bail is in place.
Wm

Here are some pictures of the bail. There are some parts that I came with that may contribute to the fast hitch system.

BaconFarms

Here’s a link to TM Tractor with some good reference photos for the loboy fast hitch;
http://www.tmtractor.com/tm-tractor/gim/lbfasthitcht_001.htm
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BaconFarms
Zip Code: 54521

Postby BaconFarms » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:59 am

Peter Person wrote:
BaconFarms wrote:
wrz wrote:It is interesting to see the fast hitch lift arms are connected directly to the support bar for the pull bar. The pictures don't show if the fast hitch bail is in place.
Wm

Here are some pictures of the bail. There are some parts that I came with that may contribute to the fast hitch system.

BaconFarms

Here’s a link to TM Tractor with some good reference photos for the loboy fast hitch;

Yes, there seems to be some confusion on the back of the tractor. The fast hitch hydraulics when run in the downward position, the hitch runs into the drawbar. The drawbar looks like a late addition, red vs yellow.

I also see from the pictures in the link, that in the pile of parts that came with, I have some of those parts also, like the hand crank. No sure what the experimental farm was doing with this tractor and or what the setup was for.

I got the tractor to make a mower and will be looking for a deck for it. My cousin will be getting the fast hitch setup for his '49 cub. I will retain a brawbar, not nescesarily that one, for pulling small trailer, etc.

The tractor came with parts for a sickle, which is what I think it was originally used for. It has a pulley on the PTO currently. I did get the angle drive and belt pulley with the tractor.

New rear rims and tubes first order of business now that I got the new battery.

BaconFarms

wrz
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 85233
Tractors Owned: 47 Fcub
51 Fcub
57 Lo Boy FH
59 Lo Boy FH 45 Loader

Postby wrz » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:17 am

They make two different fast hitches,one for the F Cub and one for the Lo boy. A few of the part are the same that will work on either one.
Wm

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:35 am

wrz wrote:They make two different fast hitches,one for the F Cub and one for the Lo boy. A few of the part are the same that will work on either one.
Wm

Very few parts are the same for the F-Cub Fast Hitch and the Int'l Cub Loboy Fast Hitch.

BaconFarms wrote:
Peter Person wrote:
BaconFarms wrote:

BaconFarms

Yes, there seems to be some confusion on the back of the tractor. The fast hitch hydraulics when run in the downward position, the hitch runs into the drawbar. The drawbar looks like a late addition, red vs yellow.

I also see from the pictures in the link, that in the pile of parts that came with, I have some of those parts also, like the hand crank. No sure what the experimental farm was doing with this tractor and or what the setup was for.

I got the tractor to make a mower and will be looking for a deck for it. My cousin will be getting the fast hitch setup for his '49 cub. I will retain a brawbar, not nescesarily that one, for pulling small trailer, etc.

The tractor came with parts for a sickle, which is what I think it was originally used for. It has a pulley on the PTO currently. I did get the angle drive and belt pulley with the tractor.

New rear rims and tubes first order of business now that I got the new battery.

BaconFarms
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

BaconFarms

Postby BaconFarms » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:01 pm

Thanks for the information guys!

School's in session,

BaconFarms

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:10 pm

Hi,
The Fast Hitch for a LoBoy won't fit a Cub. The mounting brackets are completely different, the pull bars are shaped differently, many things are different.

Below is a page from the 1965 Cub and LoBoy operator's manual, from the lubrication section, with drawings of the 2 hitches, but there are mistakes, they have them labeled wrong, the LoBoy hitch is the upper drawing, and the Cub hitch is the lower drawing. :)

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... age-67.jpg

Cubfriend
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 68803
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub, Kittie; 1948 Cub, Harold; 1949 Cub, 49er; 1951 Cub, Tucker; 1951 Cub, Homely; 1956 Cub High Crop; 1957 Cub Loboy; 57 Cub Loboy w/fasthitch + 194 plow; 1958 Cub LoBoy w/FH, Popeye; 1961 Cub, Beater; #1-1962 Cub Loboy Dually (Originally Orange) w/Foot Throttle; #2-1962 Cub Loboy Dually (Originally Orange) w/Foot throttle; Yellow 1963 Cub Loboy and blade; 1970 Cub, Cubbie; and 5 other Cubs in various stages of disaasembly and disrepair; 1962 Cub Cadet Original; 2 other Cub Cadet Originals; Cub Cadet 100; Cub Cadet 124 w/Creeper; Cub Cadet 147; 2 Cub Cadet 129's; Cub Cadet 149; 1948 Allis Chalmers C w/single frontwheel; 1944 Farmall H w/Tokhiem Cab; 2 One Point Fasthitch Carriers; 2-#100 Fasthitch Rear Blade; 2 Sets Cub 144 Cultivators; 2 Sets Cub #252 Cultivators; 3 Cub #193 Mouldboard Plows; 1 Cub #193 Slatted Plow; 1 1948 Cub-54 Snow Plow; 3 Cub-54 49-5 Snow Plows; Cub #6 Tool Bar w/Disc Blades & Middlebuster. 2-#105 sickle mowers, #152 disc plow

Postby Cubfriend » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:40 pm

It would be better to look for an F-Cub fasthitch for the 49 Cub. The Loboy fasthitch has so many differences from the F-Cub fasthitch. I’m sure someone will need a complete Loboy fasthitch if you want to sell it. You could list it in “The Vine” on this site if that is your desire. The lower fasthitch bail brackets appear to have been changed out for the “Mott drawbar brackets” that currently mount your drawbar. Those brackets are special and hard to find. People with midmount Mott flail mowers need these brackets to mount a drawbar for the pulleys and belt adjuster brackets.
Frank

BaconFarms

Postby BaconFarms » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:43 am

Cubfriend wrote:It would be better to look for an F-Cub fasthitch for the 49 Cub. The Loboy fasthitch has so many differences from the F-Cub fasthitch. I’m sure someone will need a complete Loboy fasthitch if you want to sell it. You could list it in “The Vine” on this site if that is your desire. The lower fasthitch bail brackets appear to have been changed out for the “Mott drawbar brackets” that currently mount your drawbar. Those brackets are special and hard to find. People with midmount Mott flail mowers need these brackets to mount a drawbar for the pulleys and belt adjuster brackets.

Yeah, there is a lot going on on the back of the tractor.

Once I get a mower for it and set up and running, I will see if I have all the parts for a complete Lo Boy Fasthitch and sell/trade complete. I will also see what else I have i.e., like the Motts brackets.

I also have some parts to a sickle that will need to go at that time.

On the hunt for a mower deck and brackets currently.

Thanks for the information,

BaconFarms

Return to “Farmall Cub”