This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tire valve replacement

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Gary S.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60102
Tractors Owned: '49 Farmall Cub purchased 1960
'59 International Lo-Boy purchased 1987
'48 Ford 8N family owned since new

L59 woods mower
Mott Flail mower 4'
Mott Flail mower 6'
Prewitt post hole digger with mounts for Cub and Ford
Grading and leveling blade with snow ext and hydraulic angle

Tire valve replacement

Postby Gary S. » Sun May 16, 2021 10:11 pm

Sorry it's not a Cub problem but with all the experience here I thought I'd better ask before I do something wrong. I am losing air between that plastic ? ring and the rim on my Ford with unfilled tires. Does it look like this is the kind of valve that unscrews from the tube? If so how do I go about doing that? Remove that plastic ring and then unscrew the valve? Or am I going to need to replace the whole tube? Thanks

100_2505.JPG

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Tire valve replacement

Postby tst » Sun May 16, 2021 10:18 pm

if its coming from behind the plastic nut you have a leak in the tube itself, picked up a nail or something, would need to come apart, to be repaired or replaced, make sure to look and make sure whatever caused it is still not stuck in tire while its apart or you will be doing it again

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Glen » Mon May 17, 2021 12:10 am

Hi,
Do what Tim said, but to answer about the valve, the pic is a little blurry on my screen, but the upper part of the valve stem unscrews from the lower part, the lower part is where the round plastic nut is. The upper part is where the valve cap is, and the 1st part below the valve cap. It screws out of the lower part.

The upper part can be replaced, tire stores that repair tractor tires probably have new ones, and might sell you one.
There are 2 styles that I know of, the older style, and the newer style.
There might be nothing wrong with your valve, it doesn't look old in the pic.

Below is a pic of the older style valve, Cubs came with this style for years. :)
Attachments
Cub rear tire valve .jpg
Cub rear tire valve .jpg (7.36 KiB) Viewed 255 times

Gary S.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60102
Tractors Owned: '49 Farmall Cub purchased 1960
'59 International Lo-Boy purchased 1987
'48 Ford 8N family owned since new

L59 woods mower
Mott Flail mower 4'
Mott Flail mower 6'
Prewitt post hole digger with mounts for Cub and Ford
Grading and leveling blade with snow ext and hydraulic angle

Postby Gary S. » Mon May 17, 2021 1:08 pm

Thanks guys looks like I'd be best to take it in then,was hoping for an easy fix . Don't see anything nails or anything else in it.

Return to “Farmall Cub”