Disassembly of cub hydralic cylinder

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Chas396
Zip Code: 27407

Disassembly of cub hydralic cylinder

Postby Chas396 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:15 pm

I am in process of dissembling cylinder fm a doner tractor to give myself a little experience before starting rebuild of my cylinder fm my “cub” .. w/lower access plate removed what is the bolt that is parallel to the piston? (I thought maybe an oil hole for piston (will not budge even tho piston sleeve is in good condition) I didn’t take bolt fm end of piston off as it seems to require special tool. I took out #1 & # 28 check valve and removed inner check valve fm lower #1 check valve w/magnet. On upper check valve only spring came out and not #30 upper check valve. Does it come out and how. I’m using a strong button magnet #,s refer to parts blowup btw. Thanks for any info.

jobbyjim
Zip Code: 14450

Re: Disassembly of cub hydralic cylinder

Postby jobbyjim » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:34 pm

If you want assistance, you should communicate clearly. You write like you are texting.

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub "Bernie" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub "Boris" with Mott Flail mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Dale Finch » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:10 pm

What hydraulic cylinder?? Are you talking about the Touch Control Block below the fuel tank that operates the tractor hydraulics? What parts diagram are you referencing with those parts numbers?? We need more info to even know what you are working on.

Photos would definitely help us determine what you are trying to do.
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

Chas396
Zip Code: 27407

Postby Chas396 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:51 pm

The touch system below gas tank. I was referring to expanded view of all parts from shop manual. Sorry I wasn’t clear on that. The manual refers to that as “cylinder and valve unit” verses the hydralic pump located in engine. In the future I will refer to it as touch system as that is more clear

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:09 pm

Well getting right down to it, that diagram is "cylinder block, valves and related parts". The main noun in that phrase is "block" and people often refer to it as the "Touch-Control block". There is one more loose end here: there are 2 different diagrams in the Parts Catalog. #1 in one diagram (early versions) is a check valve actuator plug. In the other (late versions), #1 is the control valve link. There is another diagram in the Serviceman's Handbook. It looks like the early version diagram, but the item numbers are different. In it, #1 is the oil strainer. There are 2 diagrams in the Cub Service Manual in the PDF manuals. They look about like the Parts Catalog diagrams. Trying to use item reference numbers can be a problem. All that said, I take it you are looking at one of the early version diagrams.

No matter what version of the block you have, I can't place any bolt parallel to the piston. When you remove the bottom cover, all I remember seeing is the strainer and a handful of plugs. Maybe you could post a picture that shows the part in question. Since your check valve won't come out with a magnet, you probably need to try something that will get a mechanical grip on it. Snap ring pliers might do it.

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale Finch » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:28 pm

Here is the Hydraulic section for the cub:
http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Cub%20Parts%20Manuals/TC-37F%20Revision%206%20(08-79)/Group%20-%2010%20-%20Hydraulics/Group%20-%2010%20-%20Hydraulics.htm

Here is the early version block:

And here is the later version block:
Perhaps you are referring to removing the CONNECTING ROD PIN from the CONNECTING ROD (with bushing)?
(#2 from #10 or #38 from #7)
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale Finch » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:33 pm

Also, here are a couple posts in the HOW TO section that cover rebuilding the Touch Control Block...depending on the part number on your block:
The early block:
http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=89514
And the later block:
http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=42857
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety