This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Accessing Clutch Pedal Lever in Torque Tube

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
lyle11
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 44236
Tractors Owned: 48 FCub
55 Lowboy
60 Lowboy
Allis Chalmers B

Accessing Clutch Pedal Lever in Torque Tube

Postby lyle11 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:50 pm

I searched but couldn’t find an answer to my specific question so sorry in advance if I’m asking a question that has been answered before.

I can explain why I’m asking, but first I’ll just ask the question. Is it possible to access the 3/8” bolt and nut on the Clutch Pedal Lever internal to the torque tube to loosen/tighten from the front (clutch end) of the torque tube or can it only be reached by splitting at the front of the transmission?

My situation is that I replaced my TOB and clutch components and re-coupled the tractor loosely. But, I can’t adjust clutch pedal free play. I’m trying to free up the clutch pedal on the adjustable slotted part that slides into the torque tube. It rotates and moves fine in the torque tube. It’s the pedal that won’t pivot on the slotted part. If I can’t get it free, I’ll soon have spare parts to replace what I need but I’ll have to replace all the components and will need access to the internal clutch lever pedal.

If it can only be done from the rear, I can finish re-coupling the Cub while I let penetrating oil work on the clutch pedal.

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Accessing Clutch Pedal Lever in Torque Tube

Postby Glen » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:05 pm

Hi,
As I remember, the head of the bolt that holds the lever, IH calls it in the Cub parts manual, onto the clutch pedal base, can only be reached from the rear of the clutch housing, after removing the housing from the transmission.
You need a long extension to reach into the housing from the rear, or several extensions together.

Below is a pic of it from TM Tractor, it is upside down from how it would be on the pedal base, in the pic. :)
Attachments
Cub clutch pedal lever .jpg

lyle11
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 44236
Tractors Owned: 48 FCub
55 Lowboy
60 Lowboy
Allis Chalmers B

Re: Accessing Clutch Pedal Lever in Torque Tube

Postby lyle11 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:16 pm

Thanks Glen. Hopefully the penetrating oil will work and I won’t have to bother with it. Patience isn’t my strong suit. I have to give it some time.