A shout out of thanks to Farmall Cub forum and it's helpful members.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Waif
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 49343
Tractors Owned: 48 Farmall Cub "Seen Yore Dobbin"
53 F-Cub W/Loader.
Circle of Safety: Y

A shout out of thanks to Farmall Cub forum and it's helpful members.

Postby Waif » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:43 am

I found the forum a tremendous resource after what I called a "ride of shame" , being towed home by a John Deere after stalling a Cub out brush hogging and it wouldn't restart.

Most any tractor has nuances. But the specifics discussed here sure shortened the learning curve.
While I've learned much and hands on has improved the relationships with individual tractors, I've far to go still.

Went out to move snowbanks with the 53 Cub after it sat four(?) months and it fired right up and ran like a top.
It didn't come home that way....
The 48 awaits it's wake up. Soon. And has lots of work to do. Boy howdy that individual Cub has been a source of learning.
And still has a glitch when worked hard in summer heat. (Unless I got it figured out last time. L.o.l...)

Thanks all.
Much of my confidence in running and working on Cubs comes from right here. Much easier that learning from all trial and error. Even with manuals at hand.
Makes for a contented Cub owner.
:tractor:

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Re: A shout out of thanks to Farmall Cub forum and it's helpful members.

Postby Barnyard » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:54 am

A lot of great people here. Now you need to make time to attend a CubFest so you can meet many of them. June 4th and 5th would be a good start.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Waif
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 49343
Tractors Owned: 48 Farmall Cub "Seen Yore Dobbin"
53 F-Cub W/Loader.

Re: A shout out of thanks to Farmall Cub forum and it's helpful members.

Postby Waif » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:19 am

Barnyard wrote:A lot of great people here. Now you need to make time to attend a CubFest so you can meet many of them. June 4th and 5th would be a good start.

The call/tugging is always there.
My body's cruising range is about 30 miles though.
Still , hitting a CubFest would be a red letter day. Got to wrangle a way to cover things here at home to get a time window to sneak out....That's the toughest part....

Found a picture from mid fifty of about a five year old barefoot self on an "Uncle's " Simplicity tractor with a tiller. About Cub sized.
Same "Uncle" that had me working with one of his bigger old tractors in the snow shortly after when depressing the clutch meant sliding nearly off the seat.
Old iron and it's potential got ingrained early. These Cubs still testify that prior engineering and design and materials had/have longevity.
Considering the switch from livestock to machinery ... A Cub answered well. And still does!
No seventy plus year old mules still in harness. (No offence to mules.)
And I can park one and be done while it's off duty more frequently than the care and feeding last time I lived with horses.
Hauling buckets of water in winter. Cleaning hooves often. Always manure to move. Just spending time to keep the relationship up , and occasionally getting squished or stepped on for my efforts. :{_}: