This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

tire store

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
kully560
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 11727

Re: tire store

Postby kully560 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:39 pm

1 seller on ebay has them and said his are made in Korea , from my reading on the net that they are a better quality when made in Korea than china. I will see if just tubes replies back to me tomorrow and see what they say about the ones they have for sale. I can also try the local auto parts stores john and see what they have , thanks for the heads up!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

inairam
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 19342
Tractors Owned: 1948 6v - Dozer
1949 with kub klipper belly mower. mag 6v - Mom
1950 with plow, 54 blade, mott mag 6v - Roxanne
1953 54 blade, c22, wood 42 6v
1957 6v - barn Queen
1965 lo-boy with c-3 mower 12 v - Loboy
1974 Horse II 12 v c-2
1975 with woods 42-6 12 v - Horse
1979 long strip 12 v stuck engine
130 with international 1000 loader 6 v
1969 140 with bush hog tow behind mower 12 v
Terramite T-6 4WD Backhoe Perkins diesel
Memberships: Rough and Tumble Engineers Historical Association;Chapter 8 IH Collectors; IH Collectors Worldwide
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby inairam » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:01 pm

The last time I looked into rear tires I found that I got a good price from the truck/ equipment tire service shop. I told them the tire I wanted. they ordered it for less than I found it online with shipping and mounted it on the rim.

Just an option.
When you only have 9 horsepower you need to know the names of all of the ponies!

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 29848
Tractors Owned: Yanmar YM2000
Yanmar YM186 (non running)
1952 Farmall Cub

Postby Clemsonfor » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:40 pm

kully560 wrote:any body but tires from simple tire store , good or bad?

I have not bought tractor tire bit have bought tires a few times from them. No problem good prices and fast shipping. No different than any other online tire retailer really.

kully560
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby kully560 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:30 pm

I purchased the trans american brand today on amazon . I spoke to the owner of the company today and was told that the trans american tubes he sells are the same ones he supplies to the military. I don't know if that makes a difference or not sometimes it is the lowest bidder. but any way they are made in Korea and he informed he would not sell china made tubes. from my research it seems that most all tube today are made in those two countries.

SamsFarm
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 44410
Tractors Owned: 1968 Cub Fast Hitch
LF-1 Platform Carrier
144 Cultivators
L-F194 Plow(s)
F38 Disk
L-F3 Spring Tooth Harrow
CS Bell No. 60 Grain Mill on a unmodified Fast Hitch Disk hitch prong
Home Made Fast Hitch Potato Plow
54A Blade

Couple 1948 Cubs
172 Runner Planter
53 Fertilizer
Cub-3 Field Cultivator
Cub-189 Two Way Plow
Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower
Mechanical Transplanter with side mount barrel (needs a fast hitch adapter) :)

Misc Belly Mowers

Wish List
International 100 Fast Hitch Blade
Mott Fast Hitch Flail Mower

Wish Wish Wish List
Fast Hitch Rotary Hoe
4E hammer mill

Postby SamsFarm » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:10 pm

It saddens me so that this stuff is imported!

☹️
1968 Cub Fast-Hitch

kully560
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby kully560 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:10 pm

I purchased tire tubes on amazon that are made by trans america company. they stated to me that there were made in Korea and not china . so the owner of the company said they are made for the military , is that good or bad ? sometimes it is the lowest bidder gets the job, but anyway they stand behind there product and I was told any problems at all and they will replace them at no charge.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:35 pm

I would expect military standards to be higher than normal and not necessarily the low bid. Otherwise you wouldn't hear stories about $900 claw hammers and $3000 toilet bowls.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
1952 Farmall Cub

Postby Clemsonfor » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:31 pm

Bob McCarty wrote:I would expect military standards to be higher than normal and not necessarily the low bid. Otherwise you wouldn't hear stories about $900 claw hammers and $3000 toilet bowls.

Not necessarily the case. Things get inflated prices when on contract to the government for having to deal with all the buraucracy and paperwork...and now online junk. I can tell you about the only thing the government gets good deals on is vehicles and tires. Most other stuff is just inflated prices. Now military stuff probably has some higher standard they require on things than off the shelf stuff.

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
1952 Farmall Cub

Postby Clemsonfor » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:35 pm

SamsFarm wrote:It saddens me so that this stuff is imported!

☹️

In some way it does to me as well on the other hand imported stuff including china junk increases many of us standard of living. Imagine if even 60% of things you bought were made in USA. Imagine how much things would cost. Certain things sure you can pay 5% more and get a similar or better USA made item but many things are made so cheap and shipped so cheap from china that no US business can compete, the item would cost 2 to 3x the china version. Now this is important because we as consumers can buy more, our dollar goes farther. I like being able to buy an arm load of tools from harbor freight for $200. I don't need over priced tool truck tools for basic work. Or even Husky or whatever the box store USA made brand is for 2-3x the HF model. You can say the same for a lot of things...TVs , TV stands, sheets light bulbs, whatever

SamsFarm
501 Club
501 Club
LF-1 Platform Carrier
144 Cultivators
L-F194 Plow(s)
F38 Disk
L-F3 Spring Tooth Harrow
54A Blade

Couple 1948 Cubs
172 Runner Planter
53 Fertilizer
Cub-3 Field Cultivator
Cub-189 Two Way Plow
Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower

Misc Belly Mowers

Wish List

Wish Wish Wish List
Fast Hitch Rotary Hoe
4E hammer mill

Postby SamsFarm » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:04 pm

You could say that I go out of my way to buy American!

First thing I ask or look for is where its made!

It kills me when a country of origin is not listed on any website..... That should be a mandatory part of the listing. Up at the top where everyone can see!
1968 Cub Fast-Hitch

lyle11
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 44236
Tractors Owned: 48 FCub
55 Lowboy
60 Lowboy
Allis Chalmers B

Postby lyle11 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:05 pm

Clemsonfor wrote:
SamsFarm wrote:It saddens me so that this stuff is imported!

☹️

In some way it does to me as well on the other hand imported stuff including china junk increases many of us standard of living. Imagine if even 60% of things you bought were made in USA. Imagine how much things would cost. Certain things sure you can pay 5% more and get a similar or better USA made item but many things are made so cheap and shipped so cheap from china that no US business can compete, the item would cost 2 to 3x the china version. Now this is important because we as consumers can buy more, our dollar goes farther. I like being able to buy an arm load of tools from harbor freight for $200. I don't need over priced tool truck tools for basic work. Or even Husky or whatever the box store USA made brand is for 2-3x the HF model. You can say the same for a lot of things...TVs , TV stands, sheets light bulbs, whatever

I don’t claim to understand the all of costs involved in manufacturing and shipping a product to a retailer and pricing it. Labor cost is only one component. I see very simple products like a plastic funnel and, often it is manufactured in the USA. Why? My guess is it’s one piece injection molded and human labor is minimal so shipping it from China probably costs more. At Walmart the SuperTech filters I buy cost $3 and are made in USA. The Fram filter made in China for the same vehicle costs over twice as much, even the lowest priced of the Good/Better/Best versions. The Chinese manufactured “best” version costs 3 times as much as the USA Made SuperTech brand. Why is the USA manufactured filter less than 1/2 the price of the Fram? Is it inferior quality? It looks the same. Does the Fram have twice as much filter material and filter much better? Advertising and the costs of creating and maintaining a recognizable brand name is my best guess why it costs a lot more. We can manufacture cars and heavy equipment in the USA but we don’t manufacture TVs or phones as far as I know. Why, I’m not sure.

I also don’t like it when the country it is in manufacture is not listed. That seems to be common for tractor tires. Miller Tire is good about identifying country of origin but has high prices in my opinion. Nuts and bolts now list a half dozen possible countries of origin on the package including China and USA.

I also like the option to buy a cheaper item if I don’t need all the features of the top of the line version. I try to buy Made in USA if possible. I try to avoid buying items made in China not so much because of the product quality but because of the way their government operates and treats people.

SamsFarm
501 Club
501 Club
LF-1 Platform Carrier
144 Cultivators
L-F194 Plow(s)
F38 Disk
L-F3 Spring Tooth Harrow
54A Blade

Couple 1948 Cubs
172 Runner Planter
53 Fertilizer
Cub-3 Field Cultivator
Cub-189 Two Way Plow
Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower

Misc Belly Mowers

Wish List

Wish Wish Wish List
Fast Hitch Rotary Hoe
4E hammer mill

Postby SamsFarm » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:52 am

What is really disgusting is when there ceases to be a choice of buying a American made product like the tubes!

Or when they want to sell you the imported product for American prices!

Imported inner tubes for 4.00x12 tires should cost about 5 bucks.

And they should hold air! :lol:
1968 Cub Fast-Hitch

kully560
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby kully560 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:48 am

I am now looking for 8x14.5 14 ply tires for my utility trailer and not one tire is made in the usa anymore . most come for china or asia, and the reviews I read that these tire are such poor quality ,its like a throw away tire.so what ever happen to goodyear or firestone,it is all about more money that these company can make.I all ways try to buy usa and keep our people working but it is getting so tough to buy anything made in the usa now a days.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:11 am

Strict environmental regulations have driven most manufacturing processses, like tires, offshore.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:24 am

The most recent "intelligence" I have on tubes is Firestone "Natural Rubber" tubes are the best money can buy.

Not only have strict environmental regulations driven manufacturing offshore, but also consumer buying practices... The average consumer is cash-strapped as salaries have not kept pace with the cost of living, so when they have the option of buying a $50 tire or a $150 tire, they are going to gravitate toward the the $50 tire. It's not a matter of patriotism or loyalty or quality. It's what they can afford. Feeding the kids and putting tires on the car so you can get to work to make enough money to feed the kids is not an either/or choice.

Return to “Farmall Cub”