This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Need help with wiring

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
KimCub
Zip Code: 22408
Tractors Owned: 1957, 1959 and 1962 Cubs

Need help with wiring

Postby KimCub » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:57 am

I have a 1957 cub we bought last year. Something happened and it wouldn’t start. It cranked but wouldn’t turn over. We took the top off and found the wiring harness was shredded. We ordered a new harness and decided to switch from points to a pertronix electronic ignition and appropriate new coil. I am having difficulty finding correct wiring diagram. The one that came with harness only has the one wire from distributor but electronic ignition has two wires. The instructions from pertronix just have the two wires going to the two posts on the coil. Nowhere am I finding exactly how to connect my #1 wire coming from ignition switch in dash #2 black wire from pertronix #3 black with white stripe wire from pertronix #4 I believe I still need a ground wire from coil to chassis

I have watched several videos and have just confused myself
One has me connecting #1 & #2 directly and another has them connected to a coil post.

Can someone please tell me how to connect everything properly?