Hydraulic Block Valves

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
lyle11
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 44236
Tractors Owned: 48 FCub
55 Lowboy
60 Lowboy
Allis Chalmers B

Hydraulic Block Valves

Postby lyle11 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:21 am

I am in the process of a Hydraulic Block disassembly. Many thanks to troopfpc for the How To. The reason for the rebuild is due to fairly significantly leakage around the big piston at the front of the block. (Not the Control Value). Although I haven’t used this Cub much, I have had no issues with the function of the hydraulics.

I ordered and received the gasket and o-ring kit from TM. I had to get creative but didn’t have too much problem removing the 3 valves without damaging anything. My first question is regarding the Pressure Reg Valve. The Pressure Reg Bushing has some scratches, I suspect from a past attempt to pull it out of the block. There is wear on the piston that looks like it resulted from metal rubbing on a scratched surface.

B7D271AD-6F5A-4FFF-8D60-3B628F58E453.jpeg
B7D271AD-6F5A-4FFF-8D60-3B628F58E453.jpeg (22.85 KiB) Viewed 162 times

Even though I haven’t had a problem, it appears to me that the piston and bushing should be replaced. Do you agree? I’m hoping JP has these parts or I can put a WTB on the Vine.

My second question is regarding the Check Valve Inner Bushing. It is the only valve part I haven’t removed and I’m concerned I might do more damage removing it than by leaving it in place and not replacing the O-ring. The other valve components rotated fairly easily but not this part. So my options are to jam a screwdriver in the center hole and try to twist and pull it out or leave it in place. Unless someone has another recommendation for removing it without special tools.

In one of the valves I trimmed a toothbrush handle and tapped It into the hole so it fit snug and twisted it out. I guess I could sacrifice another toothbrush but this one isn’t rotating like all the others so I’m not sure that’s gonna work again.