This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Resto kickoff

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ace562
Zip Code: 66854

Resto kickoff

Postby Ace562 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:04 am

Found this forum, hoping to lean on it for this restoration. I’m new to the Farmall Cub world, but I’ve lived and worked on the farm all my life. No stranger to fixing things up! However some of the details I’ll be wanting help with will be more specific to finding year appropriate replacements or as close to OEM as possible. My wife’s great grandfather bought this tractor and it’s my hope that our son or daughter 2/4yo will enjoy this family heirloom. I’m brand new to this forum so until I figure out how to post pics the details will have to do. 1963, cub, no attachments, does run and drive well. Steering has issues though. Hoping to do at the least new top end of engine, but willing to do as much as is needed. Cost is less of a concern because this will be in the family forever I’m hoping, so doing it right is the priority. I’ll thank in advance for the help, and I’ll try to post some pictures of the “before” as soon as possible.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Waif
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 49343
Tractors Owned: 48 Farmall Cub "Seen Yore Dobbin"
53 F-Cub W/Loader.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Resto kickoff

Postby Waif » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:58 am

Welcome Ace!

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:02 am

Ace, welcome to the forum. Be sure to check out the cub fest near you in Burlington ks. It was cancelled this year on account of coved 19 but will probably be in may next year.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:14 am

Welcome to the Forum.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:19 pm

Ace, you've come to the right place if you're looking for help, advice and encouragement! After all, this is the best Cub website on the planet!! :{_}: A lot of us have done what you intend to do. Here's a photo of my '53 Cub when I drug it home.

Here's a photo of my daughter and a friend coming back from picking berries in our lane after a complete rebuild. Her friend is standing on a small platform that slips into a 2" receiver on the back of the Cub.

Memories are made on a Cub!
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Return to “Farmall Cub”