This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Planter setup for gardening

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Mht
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27606
Tractors Owned: 1949 farmall cub(building from parts) 1950 farmall cub
1971 David Brown 880 selectamatic
Circle of Safety: Y

Planter setup for gardening

Postby Mht » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:19 am

I’m slowly getting a cub runner planter (174 maybe) set up on a cub dedicated to planting a big garden. Everything is complete up to the hoppers. I have two refurbished bottoms and controls for the old style galvanized hoppers but no good hoppers. I have two good fiberglass hoppers but no good bottoms so I’m still searching for fertilizer parts but don’t think that will be a problem. I can always buy a new one at agri supply reasonably enough. I have accumulated a combination hopper and base that are in great shape. I have a poax hopper and base in great shape. And I have a great condition single seed hopper but no base. I have always wanted a richmond hopper and base to actually use because of the smaller size hopper. I know it uses the same plates as the combination hopper. I have numerous plates both original and modern lustran corn plates many which have been modified for different seed and spacing. My main question in all this rambling is whether there is any practical difference between a combination hopper and richmond hopper in actual use planting besides seed capacity

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”