Anyone ever killed their cub?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Anyone ever killed their cub?

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:21 pm

Jim Becker wrote:
John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I have a 48 cub that the owner fell apart on if that counts.

Lack of maintenance or just worn out?

YUP
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

kdupuis2
Zip Code: 70578

Postby kdupuis2 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:00 pm

I had to split mine four different times to get the transmission rebuilt properly. Which leads me to say owner stupidity.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:41 pm

I purchased my ‘52 fcub from a local farmer. It was used to cultivate corn. A larger jd did all the heavy work. It came with cultivators. Oneday the drive shaft split at the tranny input shaft bearing. Upon disassembly I noticed a light grey area and a dark grey area. That’s two different colored cracks one fresh and one older. The design of the shaft left a square edge in the shaft that’s the square corner that broke.

The PO rebuilt the engine, I see the fresh gaskets and silicone. She ran great. I have all the parts from Ralf to fix it.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.