This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Recent Tire Buying Experience

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
lyle11
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 44236
Tractors Owned: 48 FCub
55 Lowboy
60 Lowboy
Allis Chalmers B

Recent Tire Buying Experience

Postby lyle11 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:40 pm

I need front tires for one of my Cubs. I realize the Deestone and others on Ebay will work fine and outlast me, but I wanted to buy Made in the USA if possible. I wanted a 3 rib so it looked like I had 1 or 2 choices. Titan (May or may not be made in USA) or American Farmer. I realize Miller sells American Farmer but it seems like their prices are high.

I went to the Goodyear/Titan website and filled in a request asking for dealers with 100 miles of my area code who sell front Titan F2 style tractor tires. I never got a response.

I repeated this information request on the American Farmer site and in 2 days got a list of 3 dealers with 70 miles one way. There is a dealer within 10 miles and I ordered the tires. Cost is $50 per tire plus $8.34 per tube. The dealer checked with American Farmer and was told they are going to make a batch of the 4:00-12 in about 2 weeks. I don’t need them until April so that works for me,

So, it prices out at 116.68 plus tax for 2 tires and tubes.
Miller wanted $144 plus tax for 2 tires and 2 tubes picked up in Waseon, OH.

This is out the door pricing and I didn’t ask about mounting since I can do that myself.

I’ve had several experiences asking for information about a buying a product by filling in a website form and usually I don’t get a response. I can’t comment on the tires themselves yet, but at least American Farmer and this dealer were responsive.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”