This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Supercub
Zip Code: 81428

Postby Supercub » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:48 pm

Hi,
Just purchased a 50 farmall cub with plow, 2 c22 mowers , a pto mounted sprayer and a belly mounted Mott flail mower.I,m not a farm guy but have purchased the tractor and equipment to maintain several acres of canary grass and blackberry bushes in Sequim Wa. I’ve been haunting your site for a few weeks and am impressed with the amount of help and knowledge. My user name is not really anything to do with my cub tractor but refers to my home built supercub aircraft that I fly. I have rebuilt a couple of working Ford tractors and look forward to working with my new acquisition. I,m contemplating running a shaft forward to the front of the tractor and mounting the flail mower on something like the plow blade mechanism using a right angle gearbox and pto drive line with joints to make it easier to get those pesky blackberries . Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Rick

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New member

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:26 pm

I'd probably use a Cub-22 mower on the blackberries.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:36 pm

Welcome to the Forum.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:10 am

Hi,
Welcome to the website.
Below is the 1950 Cub owner's manual. The experts on here recommend people read it. It has lots of info about operation, maintenance, and lubrication. There is a table of contents on page 1. It shows how Cubs originally looked in it.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... index.html

I would check or change all the oils before using the Cub. Using it with low oil in a gear case can damage the parts in it.
The lube section begins on page 14.

The transmission can get water in it from rain, or condensation inside it over time.
People write on here that it commonly happens.

The filler plug is on top of the trans, to the rear of the shifter.
The oil level plug is low on the left side of the trans.
The drain plug is on the bottom of the trans, visible from under the platform.
The trans holds 3 1/2 Pints of oil, when filled to the level plug hole.

There are also 2 final drives, each with it's own separate oil to check.
The Cub owner's manual shows how to check or change the oils. :)

Below is the 22 Mower owner's manual, it is for 3 different mowers, for 3 different models of IH tractors. It has pics of the mower, and shows how to put it on the Cub.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... index.html

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear

Postby T-Mo » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:35 am

Welcome to the forum.

Supercub
Zip Code: 81428

Thanks.

Postby Supercub » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:51 am

Thanks for the welcome and the suggestion on cutting the blackberry bushes. The bushes in WA out on the peninsula where my property is located are an import from Tibet, they grow wild everywhere and are very aggressive with stems that can get to 1 1/2” thick.Not looking forward to the task but will be trying the sickle mower.

Return to “Farmall Cub”