This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

carb rebuild video

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
NJ Farmer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 08876
Tractors Owned: 1953 F-Cub
1957 F-Cub
1956 Lo-Boy
1971 Cub Cadet 149
1976 Cub Cadet 1200
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: carb rebuild video

Postby NJ Farmer » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:19 pm

I got to give the girl and her father a little credit.....they are pushing and supporting antique tractors to a WORLD audience via the internet. The more people get into and involved with the old gems the more they will become protected and saved as opposed to sold for scrap metal at penny’s on the pound.

So yes the videos “may” and do have some technical issues but try to see it from a bigger picture....the promotion and preservation of the historic and well crafted machines. Yes they do it for money but this is America and god bless them for making a dime on something they love to do. I think that is the American Dream isn’t it doing some you love and getting PAID for it!

NJ Farmer

Just like anything on the internet you have to take everything with a cautious eye and ear.

Slim140
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: .
1970 International 140
1972 International 140
1949 John Deere A
1993 Ford 4630 W/Loader
1965 John Deere 110
1961 Cub Cadet Original

Postby Slim140 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:08 pm

NJ Farmer wrote:I got to give the girl and her father a little credit.....they are pushing and supporting antique tractors to a WORLD audience via the internet. The more people get into and involved with the old gems the more they will become protected and saved as opposed to sold for scrap metal at penny’s on the pound.

So yes the videos “may” and do have some technical issues but try to see it from a bigger picture....the promotion and preservation of the historic and well crafted machines. Yes they do it for money but this is America and god bless them for making a dime on something they love to do. I think that is the American Dream isn’t it doing some you love and getting PAID for it!

NJ Farmer

Just like anything on the internet you have to take everything with a cautious eye and ear.

I’m a machinist. I make my living holding things to the thousandths, often times to the tenths of thousandths. I can’t imagine trying to make our customers happy giving them parts that aren’t correct to the print. So no, just because your trying to make money doesn’t give you a pass to half way do it or do it wrong. Male, female, whatever, needs to be right, especially if it’s how you make your living.

I pride myself in my work. If it’s wrong, I admit it and fix it. If it’s wrong, I want to be called out on it.
Every home is a school, what are you teaching?

Circle of Safety

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:56 pm

Shane N. wrote:I pride myself in my work. If it’s wrong, I admit it and fix it. If it’s wrong, I want to be called out on it.

:Dito:
I've posted in the Youtube comment section and also sent a comment to their parts website. She'll gain some respect from me if she corrects the mistakes.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:05 pm

Bob McCarty wrote:
Shane N. wrote:I pride myself in my work. If it’s wrong, I admit it and fix it. If it’s wrong, I want to be called out on it.

:Dito:
I've posted in the Youtube comment section and also sent a comment to their parts website. She'll gain some respect from me if she corrects the mistakes.

Ditto. I’ve been expecting her to edit or delete the video, but it’s still there unedited. I’m curious how she came up with the ‘fix’ for the idle tube. Her ‘fix’ leaves a hole in the bottom of carb, unless I missed something, in addition to her other errors on this fix. I assume this ‘fix’ comes from her dad.
Thomas

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 29848
Tractors Owned: Yanmar YM2000
Yanmar YM186 (non running)
1952 Farmall Cub

Postby Clemsonfor » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:26 pm

Dale Finch wrote:I agree with Shane. There is a big difference between "instructional" posts made here on the forum, and the videos that Steiner offers. With our "in house" posts, they are open for corrections, amendment, and offers of altenative options by fellow forum members. Only after they have been reviewed in this way, are they added to the HOW TO section. There is little or no opportunity to correct Steiners videos. I have certainly enjoyed many of Rachel's videos, but recognize that there are some errors, as well as unrecorded key procedures. They need to be open to corrections, and make editing changes where those errors are pointed out.

Perhaps someone will forward this thread to them?

YouTube has a comment section??

NJ Farmer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 08876
Tractors Owned: 1953 F-Cub
1957 F-Cub
1956 Lo-Boy
1971 Cub Cadet 149
1976 Cub Cadet 1200

Postby NJ Farmer » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:34 pm

Shane you right..... Perhaps you could make some technical “machinist videos” for all of us to see. But if your off .0001 of specs I am sure we all will be quite supportive of you.

I agree that this video and others are “shade tree” maintenance however the message is still being delivered. You may be a great machinist but I bet out there someone is better than you and calling your work subpar and substandard. So let’s idle back just a bit and if you don’t like their work make a comment (somewhat constructive) and let them know that the video has some errors and might need some editing or possible taken down. Trashing them is really not the solution to the problem other than venting.

I don’t know you or know the people that put this video together however if their intentions are to bring more people into the Farmall tent then I say have add it. When you and I are about to check out of the fun game called life who will care for out tractors we worked so hard to preserve.....food for thought and I don’t mean to slam you either.

NJ Farmer
Last edited by Barnyard on Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove language.

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK

Postby Winfield Dave » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:41 pm

NJ Farmer wrote:...however if their intentions are to bring more people into the Farmall tent then I say have add it.
NJ Farmer

You are assuming facts not in evidence. I believe they are doing videos to make money. It is a classic marketing technique.
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:41 pm

I think everybody has made their point by now. Nobody is going to convince anybody else who is right. In fact some are coming thisclose to flaming each other.

In the best interest of everyone this post is locked.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety